Director, Commercial Strategy
The Director of Commercial Strategy will join as a pivotal member of the corporate team and play a significant role in providing strategic direction and executing on early commercialization initiatives. They will work closely with various key functional groups including Clinical Development, CMC, Corporate Development, Finance and Legal. In addition to analytical expertise, excellent interpersonal communication skills are required to influence cross-functional team members and champion ideas internally.
Lead commercial launch planning for InCarda’s P3 program in cardiac arrhythmia
- Design and execute on market research for positioning, messaging, Brand Development and other pre-commercialization needs
- Conduct sales targeting analyses within ER physicians and Cardiology/Electrophysiolgy communities
- Update Payer pricing, access, and reimbursement strategy for launch preparedness
- Manage Key Opinion Leader engagements
- Collaborate with Atrial Fibrillation Patient Advocacy groups to prepare patient pull-through efforts
- Partner with Medical Affairs on executing Clinical/Scientific initiatives: Registry, Guidelines, Phase IV programming, etc.
- Support the value of pipeline programs by executing on commercial assessments, launch plans and external due diligence.
- Participate in corporate fundraising and partnering strategies working closely with Executive team, corporate development and external advisors. Present commercial strategy perspective to late-stage funding and/or public offering investors. Support external due diligence by potential investors in InCarda.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
-- One or more advanced degree(s) such as PhD, MS, and/or MBA with 5 or more years of experience in commercial strategy, new product planning, and/or product management in the pharmaceutical and/or biopharmaceutical industry. Experience in management consulting a plus but not required.
-- A solid understanding of the development and commercialization process of new pharmaceutical and biotechnology therapeutic agents is essential. Familiarity with industry standard market research and forecasting methodologies is important, as is a global understanding of the clinical marketplace, drug pricing, marketing, and distribution process is also needed. A strong capability of understanding, digesting and readily presenting the nature of new science, technologies, and product candidates is essential.
-- The individual will combine scientific understanding and business acumen. Additionally, the preferred candidate will understand how to quickly establish rapport and credibility with the team, board of directors and external partners.
-- The ideal candidate will be positive, flexible and effective in personal interactions at all levels of the organization. A record of success in closely cooperating with scientists and product development groups as well as demonstrated comfort and success in working in a rapidly changing organization are a plus.