The Molecular and Cell Biology group of Bio-Rad Life Science R&D is looking for a result-oriented and problem-solving Staff Scientist with extensive experience in the research and development of reagents and instrumentations for cell biology, flow cytometry and nucleic acid amplification. The individual will execute cross-functional projects to support new product development and improvement of existing products.
- As part of the R&D team, work cooperatively to contribute to the development of new products and process improvement in the areas of cell biology, immunology, flow cytometry, PCR and qPCR.
- Investigate feasibility by applying a variety of scientific principles and concepts to development of new products, procedures, protocols, and potential inventions.
- Support projects by providing experimental design and execution.
- Analyze and interpret data, write technical reports, develop processes and procedures, be capable of effectively communicating results to the cross-functional teams.
- Analyze and troubleshoot technical challenges relating to product development and manufacturing.
- Ph.D. in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, or related fields.
- Minimum 3 years of direct industrial or academic experience in flow cytometry, cell biology, PCR and qPCR.
- Fluent in multi-color panel design and assay techniques for cell population characterization.
- Direct experience with methods, instrumentation, and software used in PCR, qPCR and RT-qPCR is highly desired.
- Good understanding of principles and practical experience in diverse scientific technologies such as flow cytometry, microscopy, nucleic acid and protein analysis.
- Industrial experience with new product and assay development is a plus.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and ability to develop laboratory and production procedures.
- Strong analytical skills and be able to think and work independently as well as in a team environment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are also required.
- Strong computer and data analysis skills including statistical analysis.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.