Senior or Executive Medical Director – CNS
The Senior/Executive Medical Director will lead one or more development programs involving our drug candidates in epilepsy, pains, depression, and stroke diseases. The initial focus will be in designing and executing clinical trials in early clinical development.
You will have the opportunity to lead multiple early-stage assets in neurology disease areas. You will be responsible for advancing clinical programs through study design and execution, development of biomarker strategies (for patient enrollment and treatment outcome monitoring), and interpretation of data from clinical studies. You will engage with key external partners and KOLs in the medical and scientific communities. You will interact with global regulatory authorities. You will present study results in major global scientific conferences. You will work in the US.
- Provide strategy guidance on aspects of disease indication, treatment options, and medical affairs
- Provide medical expertise to IB, study protocol, study reports, regulatory documents, and manuscripts
- Provide medical management and expertise for clinical trials
- Manage safety issues in clinical trials
- Coordinate with other departments in all phases of the studies and trials including feasibility assessments, design processes, educational efforts, management of medical information, and reviewing and editing of medical documents
- Develop and managing KOL network
- Present in conference and prepare manuscripts for publication
- Participate in new business development through evaluating opportunities
Skills and Requirements:
- Must have an M.D. with board certification; a Ph.D. in neuroscience is preferred
- Must have experience in pharmaceutical-related global clinical research as a medical expert
- Must have experience in preparing IB, study protocols and other medical documents
- Must be fluent in English
- Speaking Chinese is a plus
Shanghai Zhimeng Biopharma, Inc. is a startup biotech founded in 2017 by seasoned pharmaceutical industry veterans. Located in the economy-vibrant and resource-rich Zhangjiang High-Tech Park of Shanghai, China, Zhimeng is developing medicines for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B (CHB) and severe neurological diseases with great unmet medical needs.
Realizing the complexity of the pathogenesis of chronic hepatitis HBV infection, Zhimeng has adopted a comprehensive approach to tackle the diseases by directly hitting the hepatitis B virus (HBV) with multiple pronged attacks, as well as restoring the host immune systems. Zhimeng’s goal is to deliver innovative, most effective, safe and affordable therapies to bring a cure for patients suffering from CHB.
Zhimeng is also actively developing novel small molecule drugs to treat neurological diseases, such as epilepsy, pains and strokes. Zhimeng’s goal is to provide novel and more effective medicines to improve the quality of lives of patients with such diseases.
For more information about Shanghai Zhimeng Biopharma, Inc., please check the company’s website at: www.corebiopharma.com