Senior Associate, Payer Contracting
Senior Associate - Strategic Pricing & Contracting
Amgen has an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to make a significant impact on the organization. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, active career development and coaching, and individual rewards. As a member of the US Value & Access team, this Senior Associate is integral to Amgen's financial sales performance and will lead contracting activities for Amgen's top regional Managed Care Organization (MCO) customers. This individual will facilitate review of product pricing requests with internal committees for key MCO customers and will contribute to product-specific pricing strategies, value-based contracts, and contract performance analyses.
The Senior Associate will be responsible for communicating account information to facilitate pricing and contracting decision-making by senior leadership. They will be the primary contract owner for their MCO client responsibilities. The Senior Associate will also contribute to and drive product-specific pricing strategies, value-based contracts, and net revenue impact analyses.
- Manage the pricing and contracting process in conjunction with Amgen's account representative (MA), Legal and other stakeholders
- Create term sheets and complete request for proposals (RFPs) as needed to provide pricing offers to MCO customers
- Participate in the development and maintenance of MCO pricing and contracting strategies
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of key MCO customer's financials, growth drivers, membership, mergers/acquisitions, end customers, etc.
- Inform the pricing analytics team of customer-specific information and trends that are critical to provide quarterly financial estimates for each customer
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance, MA, customers, Legal, and other teams as necessary
- Review formularies and submission files to ensure customer compliance with the contract
- Support ad-hoc requests by senior leadership for product and/or customer related business analytics and strategy
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience
Associates degree and 6 years of commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience
- Advanced degree (i.e. MBA or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years of commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience in a biopharma or related business environment
- Experience solving complex business problems and managing multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility and leadership experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Previous experience providing and delivering information for decision making by executive management
- Ability to read and understand legal contract documents
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.