Head of Discovery - Biology
BioSpace has been engaged to help our client, a pharmaceutical company growing their L.A. location. Driven by oncology-dominated innovative product portfolio and international growth strategy.
They are seeking an experienced and creative expert in protein/antibody biology and engineering who will drive the advancement of novel therapeutics targeting the interface between the immune system and tumor microenvironment. The candidate will be expected to lead/co-lead projects, develop antibodies, bioconjugation methods, in-vitro biochemical and immune assays to help develop new technologies and move pipeline projects forward. As a member of the leadership team, you play a key role in advancing the antibody drug conjugates (ADC) portfolio at the company. You will lead/support the research and development activities of ongoing and new ADC projects.
The Head, Discovery Biology will be responsible for, but not limited to following:
• Provide antibody engineering and ADC technology expertise in antibody drug conjugation, analytical assessments, biochemical and immunoassay screening.
• Lead design and optimization of antibodies for use with ADCs aiming to enhance target tissue specificity and therapeutic index.
• Provide support in evaluation of biologics research projects
• Interact and collaborate with internal departments and manage CROs for research and early development.
• Perform administrative management and employee performance development.
The requirements for the position include:
• Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in related scientific discipline such as molecular biology, biochemistry, or microbiology with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry post Ph.D.
• Strong background in biology and experience with ADCs is a must.
• Research experience with antibody-based therapeutics from discovery to lead selection.
• Hands on laboratory experience in antibody discovery, identification and optimization of biologics, analytics and characterization
• Extensive knowledge of biologics platforms, applications and development. Comprehensive understanding of current approaches and emerging technologies and its use in Oncology
• Knowledge of state of the art in biologics discovery and protein/antibody engineering and its use in ADCs
• The knowledge to apply advanced scientific and technical principles, theories and concepts, and contribute to the development of new concepts.
• Excellent communication skills and team building skills to establish and build relationships within, between and across organizations.
• Strong organizational skills with problem solving and team leadership expertise.
Ability to speak Mandarin is preferred.