Federal Government Contracting Lead
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Incumbent will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks that support contracting with all federal government agencies, including the "Big 4" agencies comprised of the Veterans Administration (VA), Department of Defense (DoD), Public Health Service (PHS) and Coast Guard. Key responsibilities will include the development and administration of the Federal Supply Schedule (FSS), price modeling, contract performance analytics, contract administration and compliance. Incumbent will support market access and financial initiatives through contracting strategies for key products. Additionally, the incumbent will play a key role in developing price strategies for various government channels, working closely with the Federal Market Access Team to execute approved strategies. Must analyze and respond to legislative activities (i.e. FARS and DFARS) as required. The incumbent will be expected to work independently with minimal supervision and be able to foster and develop solid internal and external cross-functional relationships (i.e. Market Access, Legal, BTS, Pricing, etc.). Adherence to OEC policies and procedures, including periodic training modules and certifications will be required.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Lead all aspects related to the management and compliance of two (2) dual-price Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) contracts. Including:
- Preparing "Request for Modifications (RFMs)" for updates/changes to FSS, as required.
- Utilizing various systems and reports to monitor and ensure ongoing FSS compliance; including, identifying and remediating Tracking Customer (TC) price changes and issues.
- Initiating system pricing updates based on properly executed government and internal documentation.
- Supporting the annual Public Law and System Award Management (SAM) processes.
- Establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with designated VA Contracting Officer (CO).
- Lead all aspects related to "other" Federal government contracts, including the review and completion of bid solicitations for Uniform Formulary Blanket Purchase Agreements (UF BPAs) with the DoD and/or National contracts with the Federal government.
- Prepare and review robust sales and margin analyses that assess the financial impact of Temporary Price Reduction (TPR) pricing strategies, both pre and post execution.
- Support the annual PLAN and LRP price forecasting processes for Federal channels, providing Latest Best Estimates (LBEs) as required.
- Provide routine and ad hoc financial analysis; including, preparing and distributing periodic business re ports to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for the ongoing development, updating, and adherence of Desktop Procedures (DTPs) related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Interface with Legal to ensure contracts are within acceptable legal parameters and pricing guidelines.
- Develop and foster solid internal and external relationships that facilitate job activities. Continuous interactions with Market Access, Legal, BTS, and Pricing. Position supports three Federal Market Access Sales Directors.
- Special projects as needed.
Incumbent should be knowledgeable in government pharmaceutical pricing programs, the associated calculations, as well as other pricing and contracting functions; including, rebate and chargeback operations. Position will require a high degree of problem solving and analytical skill sets to accomplish tasks. The incumbent is an experienced individual contributor and is expected to assume full accountability for areas of responsibility with only minimal supervision and technical guidance. The incumbent must be able to act independently and demonstrate sound business judgment within the scope of defined guidelines. This position will report to the Manager, Government Programs.
Basic Qualifications: 5+ Years of progressive Finance/Accounting experience, preferably in government pricing.
The candidate must also possess the following skill sets:
- Strong business ethics for handling confidential information.
- Able to make independent judgment decisions and challenge the status quo when applicable.
- Extensive interpersonal skills and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong personal computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite of products; advance skills in Excel preferred.
- Self-motivated and able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to "Bring the numbers to life"
- Experience with Model N, Revitas, COGNOS, QlikView, TM1, SAP a plus.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting or Business required
Significant Work Activities
Awkward/forceful/repetitive motions (arms above shoulders, bent wrists, etc.)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.