Vice President, Global Value and Access
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
At Amgen, every challenge is an opportunity. And every opportunity brings the potential to change lives. Our shared mission-to serve patients-has driven our status as one of the world's preeminent biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Leverage your high-level expertise to lead and forge partnerships that advance the biotechnical and biopharmaceutical science that can turn the tide of serious, life-interrupting illnesses.
Vice President, Global Value & Access (GV&A)
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role the Vice President, Global Value & Access, is an important leadership role that will have a significant impact on the company. The Vice President is responsible for providing leadership and influencing key decisions to insure access of all Amgen products for all markets in the world. This will require an unusual mix of commercial experience, strategic skills, operating capabilities and market knowledge.
Lead all aspects of the Global Value and Access organization
Global market access strategy deliverables:
- Integrated value and access insights and strategy for pipeline up to peri-launch
- Pricing, contracting, and negotiation guidance
- Pricing and Access assumptions for long range plan
- Prioritized strategic options for development to enable access & use
Global Health Economics:
- Economic and value evidence generation
- Embedding Patient-centered outcomes into the development plan
- Global value dossiers, real world evidence, field and customer tools and resources
Pricing and Access Center of Excellence:
- Early and Core models, local adaptations
- Early engagement, landscapes, methods, insights, writing, submissions, and negotiations
- Pricing and contracting operations, governance, and analytics
Value Strategy and Communications
Predict and Prevent efforts to help enable healthcare transformation and enhancement of Amgen's reputation
- Leverage all available resources (e.g., clinical, regulatory, medical, marketing) to develop and implement strategic plans and identify and overcome access barriers
- Understand key health policy issues and inform Amgen policy positions to shape the health policy landscape
- Represent Amgen at key regional industry meetings and actively shape industry strategy
- Member of the GMAC (Global Marketing, Access, Capabilities) management team
- Collaborate and achieve synergies with functional heads from discovery, clinical development, regulatory, marketing, operations, medical affairs and other global functions to ensure robust value, access and policy perspective for all Amgen products
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. In the GV&A Vice President role, we seek a leader with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree & 8 years of directly related experience OR
- Master's degree & 10 years of directly related experience OR
- Bachelor's degree & 12 years of directly related experience AND
- 8 years of direct managerial experience. Previous experience managing other managers
- Understanding of global payer and government environment, including health economics, reimbursement, pricing and contracting, value drivers, HTA policy and health Policy
- Experience with all value & access aspects of product commercialization for early as well as late lifecycle products
- Experience with real world evidence generation that drives commercial priorities
- Leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and country VA&P teams and engage in productive debate and collaboration with senior leaders
- Executive communication, oral and written presentation skills, including interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and succeed in a highly matrixed environment
- Strategic planning skills-both at the product and country (cross-portfolio) levels
- Ability to conduct situation analysis of external environment and synthesize relevant information for regional strategies and support development of country-specific strategic plans
- Ability to identify compelling ways to demonstrate and communicate product value to payers
- In market experience, either US or x-US
- US value and access leadership experience
- Direct payer experience and/or experience in product commercialization
- Strategic planning and health policy experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of strategic pricing and contracting, including innovative approaches such as risk-sharing deals
- Ability to review clinical and health economic literature, including disease state information, clinical trial design, endpoints, and comparators, and pharmacoeconomic studies in order to understand implications for payers
- Appreciation for and commitment to all aspects of diversity
- Experience in delivering on political access for pharmaceuticals in the region
- Understanding of government policy, commercial and business issues in the region gained from years of relevant experience
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Clear and disciplined strategic vision for the future that leverages superior-quality products, operational excellence and top-shelf-talent
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.