Senior Research Associate I
Tenaya Therapeutics is a preclinical-stage, Series B, privately-held biopharmaceutical company backed by The Column Group. The Company was founded in 2016 by leading scientists from the Gladstone Institute’s Cardiovascular Division and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
Tenaya is dedicated to addressing heart failure through multipronged efforts that target the fundamental cellular pathologies present in diseased cardiac muscle and that leverage cutting-edge research in cardiac development and regeneration.
Tenaya has a lead gene therapy program focused on in vivo reprogramming of cardiac fibroblasts to cardiomyocytes to regenerate heart tissue and additional programs focused on cardiomyopathies.
Tenaya Therapeutics currently has 70+ full-time employees (not including consultants) and is headquartered in South San Francisco, California, USA.
- Execute a diverse range of cell-based and molecular assays to characterize lead gene therapy candidates
- Functionally assess transduction and other gene therapy mechanisms in vitro and in vivo
- Execute a range of experiments using molecular biology techniques, including plasmid design, DNA isolation, PCR, cloning, RNA and protein analysis.
- Present findings in both small and large company meetings
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline with at least 5 year of relevant experience
- Experience with DNA, RNA (qRT-PCR), and protein (immunoblotting, ELISA) analysis
- Prior experience with mammalian cell culture and standard molecular biology techniques
- Histology, IHC, and flow cytometry experience is a plus
- Rodent handling and dissection experience is a plus
- Ideal candidate will be able to work cooperatively with and positively contribute to a tight-knit team of researchers
- Must possess a strong motivation and passion for science, as well as a positive attitude and keen attention to detail
- Essential to be able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, to communicate clearly and effectively, as well as to build open and collaborative relationships
We offer a dynamic start-up environment and a collaborative, passionate team that is focused on a compelling vision and mission.
We offer competitive salary and stock options. Excellent medical and non-medical benefits. Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
State-of-the-art, built-to-suit office and lab space, part of a larger cluster of biotech companies, with amenities that include a bowling alley and onsite gym.
Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the South San Francisco Ferry.
For immediate consideration, please share your CV and publication record (if relevant).
Tenaya is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.