Manager, Cloud DevOps Engineering
The Genome Informatics and Data Engineering team is looking for an extremely hands-on Manager, Cloud DevOps Engineering with strong technical ability, communication, and collaboration skills. You will be responsible for architecture, design and implementation of reliable infrastructure services on AWS, from the ground up, to deliver highly scalable services. You will work with partners, technology team leadership, and SMEs to analyze, design, build, and implement cloud platform solutions and DevOps processes needed within RGC. You will also be responsible for management of operational support and coordination with internal IT teams to ensure security, scalability and reliability of the RGC cloud platform.
Key focus areas include:
• Develop and own methodologies for provisioning, application scaling, configuration management, capacity planning, monitoring, etc.
• Drive automation, DevOps and Infrastructure as code (IaC) standard
• Analyze and comprehend how users are using the platform and help drive continuous improvement of the offering based on that.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
• Work with team members on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of important infrastructure services (i.e. logging, monitoring and alerting)
• Deploy broad range of AWS cloud services like S3, RedShift, EFS, FSx Lustre, Batch, ECR, ECS, etc., and integrate with monitoring services and CI/CD pipeline
• Support data pipelines with Cloud-native databases (e.g., RedShift and RDS)
• Manage backlog and provide day to day operational support
• Apply industry standards to ensure system and application security
• Drive automation of operations and management of infrastructure as code
• Develop SOPs and configure cloud services to stand up high compute pipelines
This job might be for you if:
• You have an eye for detail and pride yourself on the quality of your work. Operational excellence matters more than just finishing the tasks.
• With your sleeves rolled up, you work on current problems while thinking of future solutions.
To be considered for the Manager, Cloud DevOps Engineering, you must have 10 years IT experience with increasing responsibility and at least 5 years of in-depth AWS services experience. Expertise with Linux operating systems. Strong knowledge of containers and container orchestration. Strong understanding of logging, monitoring and
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.