Regional Practice Manager - Body Contouring - Los Angeles, CA (North)
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
The Regional Practice Manager has general responsibilities for overseeing the Practice Development Managers in the assigned region and supporting their efforts to develop customer relationships and drive utilization in each assigned territory. This individual will have high accountability for achieving the regional consumable sales quotas and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- Achieving sales and utilization quota results in the assigned region. Responsible for ensuring the Practice Development team is performing effective territory penetration, coverage and account identification to drive sales and increase the utilization of the Company's consumable products.
- Developing and maintaining supportive, productive and effective relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Develop, direct, manage and support a regional Practice Development team in all aspects of account development and account management with increased utilization and practice integration being primary objective
- Develop and maintain luminary and key account relationships
- Develop and execute business plan and sales objectives
- Attract, train, manage and retain top performers in the aesthetic marketplace.
- Manage all aspects of assigned region to include but not limited to recruiting, training, developing, coaching, counseling, leading, motivating and maintaining the morale of the employees in the region
- Effectively train and support, where necessary, device sales in a capital equipment environment
- Manage, monitor and evaluate marketing, customer service and sales support at a regional level
- Develop realistic goals and action plans for the Practice Support Specialists as well as for the region
- Maintain updated knowledge of the industry and competitive products.
- Participate in industry-related trade shows/meetings
- Maintaining compliance with all applicable quality and regulatory guidelines as an integral part of business operations.
- Maintain consistent communication with Regional Sales Director on all matters related to the territory and region, including accurate forecasting.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and represent the Company with high integrity, ethics, honesty, loyalty, and professionalism at all times.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree or higher required
- 3+ year's successful sales management experience in the aesthetic consumable, cosmeceutical, filler or similar B2B model is preferable.
- 4-6 years of demonstrated success selling medical products or services to physicians and/or other health care providers is preferred. Preference for direct experience with the plastic surgeon and dermatology audience.
- High integrity and honesty in all dealings with customers and colleagues
- A dedicated work ethic required for the high level of activity and intensity needed in a startup environment
- Proven ability to attract, motivate, engage and retain a group of high-performing sales professionals
- Proven ability to provide a high level of customer service and support to achieve practice integration of the CoolSculpting Procedure and ensuring a high level of customer/patient satisfaction
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of employees.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive communications and technical presentations to physicians, management and/or large groups. Ability to thoroughly understand and communicate the attributes and qualities of Company products using professional selling and closing skills.
- Positive attitude and passion for working within the aesthetic field
- Ability to use word processing and database applications, and various software programs such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of FDA GMPs. Ability to function in a controlled environment regulated by FDA GMPs.
- Ability to travel adequately to cover the region including multi-overnight stays, attend tradeshows, and corporate and training meetings; up to 70%.
- Home office capability is required with reliable high speed internet access.
- Valid driver's license issued by the state in which the individual resides; good driving record.
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA's Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which Allergan complies.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.