Director, Field Force Effectiveness
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
This position will lead a team that is the strategic partners for driving Field Force Effectiveness through sales force optimization, call planning, sales analytics, sales reporting and incentive compensation. This person will be responsible for leading the field force deployment and in-field team alignment strategies and will be responsible for reporting on field force execution and providing insights to field leadership on overall field force effectiveness. This person will work with brand leadership and other key customers to develop, administer and train sales incentive compensation plans that effectively motivate field performance in alignment with brand strategy. They will be accountable for driving utilization of technology that will enable the teams to best execute their core job responsibilities and further drive In-field Team Effectiveness. In addition, they will need to proactively identify technology enhancements that help to improve field agility. Lastly, this person will oversee critical field processes for the purposes of ensuring smooth operations along with adhering to compliance requirements
- Lead Field Force design, alignment, and call planning process
- Collaborate with sales leadership and internal stakeholders to determine optimal field force size and structure
- Lead the field call plan process by collaborating with sales leadership to development target panels that reflect changes in promotional strategies and tactics
- Manage territory alignments through sales force deployment changes and quarterly maintenance
- Identify and lead/support process improvement initiatives (i.e. next generation call plan, vacancy management, sales force expansions, optimizations and launches)
- Proactively provide insights on call plan execution and field force effectiveness
- Lead the strategic planning for all Sales Incentive compensations including plan design, analysis, implementation, communications and training
- Collaborate with business partners to design effective Incentive Compensation plans that support overall sales strategy
- Coordinate with sales leaders to provide continuous training on Incentive Plan design to ensure field engagement and understanding
- Ensure all incentive programs are equitable, motivating and aligned to corporate incentive philosophy
- Proactively analyze impacts of changes in sales trends and how market events may impact performance and ICP results
- Leverage Sales Ops team to stay updated on latest industry trends and practices in sales compensation and share with sales leadership to provide insight & recommendations on enhancements
- Ensure field tools and operations are optimized to best meet needs of customer
- Partner with sales and brand teams to drive adoption and identify improvement areas for field tools
- Manage team through data management, KPI tracking, field sales analytics and ad hoc reporting
- Report on field force execution metrics to sales leadership on a regular basis and support the quarterly field business planning
- Champion franchise needs as they relate to Field-Focused Deliverables
- Listen to / be voice of customers' needs
- Proactively track trends to bring innovative ideas to franchise lead
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities:
Manage team of 7-10 including both direct and indirect reports who are driving sales planning, field tools & reporting, and sales incentive compensation.
- BS/BA required; MBA preferred
- Project management
- Attention to Detail
This position requires 10+ years of related experience with 3+ years of managing others. It also requires strong leadership skills, communication skills, analytical skills, attention to detail and a proven ability to work closely and effectively with all corporate functions and senior management.
Accountability / Scope:
Describe the primary accountabilities of the position and the impact of actions.
Reports to VP, Field Force Effectiveness
Builds relationships and interacts with direct staff/team, internal peers, forecasting, finance, MC&O, legal, GPRD, RMs, SDs, marketing directors and product managers, GMs/VPs, BTS, vendors.
Budget responsibility: $1MM - $3MM
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.