R&D Associate - Aging - In-Vivo
The Aging group is committed to discovering novel targets and innovative medicines to treat Age-Related Disorders. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced R&D Associate to join us to support our discovery and development efforts pertaining to mechanisms induced from in-vivo biological experiments. It will be necessary to develop cell-based and animal models for testing experimental therapeutics and for mechanistic studies.
For the R&D Associate - Aging, In-Vivo, a typical day might include the following:
• Establish and perform in-vivo and ex-vivo assays
• Develop rodent models to study age-related disorders; handle aged mice and/or rats
• Work with genetically modified rodent strains
• Perform in-vivo pharmacology (PKPD) and efficacy studies in rodents
• Dose compounds by various routes and collect fluids and tissues
• Perform ex-vivo analysis (ELISA, western blotting, immunoprecipitation; immunohistochemistry, qPCR)
• Image histological preparations and perform morphometric analyses
• Write protocols and study reports
• Perform data analyses and prepare presentations
This role might be for you if:
• You are hardworking and flexible within a fast-paced environment
• You have excellent communication skills and able to work collaboratively on a team of other experts
• You can effectively use your knowledge of science to innovate and evolve current techniques and practices
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree combined with at least 3 years of experience working in a lab with mouse/rat pharmacology, immunoassays, cell biology, and molecular biology. We want someone who has in-depth in vivo technical expertise and will add valuable knowledge to the team. Experience with protein and gene expression assays and with antibody validation and optimization is preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.