Director Commercial Insights
The Director of Commercial Insights supporting the Bone & Cardiovascular business unit will have responsibilities for leading the team conducting insight-generating analytics in support of the US and Global commercial teams, including oversight responsibilities for analytics on Repatha (within Cardiovascular) and Prolia/Evenity (within Bone). Additionally, this Director will lead insight generation and analytics across a range of pre-launch CV and Bone assets in development within Amgen Global marketing.
This leader will act as the key point of contact between the BCBU General Manager and Global Marketing leads and the Commercial Data & Analytics (CD&A) insight generating functions, translating business needs into analytical plans for primary market research, secondary data analytics and competitive intelligence. Acting as an BCBU portfolio-focused internal consultant, the Director of Commercial Insights synthesizes analytics and develops an integrated performance management plan to drive business performance and efficiency. He or she is a relentless champion of insights-driven strategy, objective, evidence-based decision making, and effective and efficient analytics on commercial activity for Amgen brands. The BCBU Commercial Insights lead will be tasked with driving innovation and building business analytics and intelligence capabilities that give Amgen a competitive advantage.
The Director of Commercial Insights for BCBU reports to the CD&A Commercial Insights General Medicine Executive Director.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Oversee all Commercial Insights activities supporting Cardiovascular & Bone brands, in both US and Global Marketing, including primary market research, competitive intelligence, secondary analytics to produce proactive, actionable customer and market insights
- Develop productive relationships with the business unit commercial senior leadership teams, including the General Manager and Global Marketing leads, to define Commercial Insights objectives, budgets and work plans
- Team leadership of direct reports, including day-to-day oversight, prioritization of workloads, and caree/developmental coaching
- Enable connections across brand analytical research efforts to tell a cohesive story on brand performance and allow strategic recommendations
- Lead initiatives within US Commercial Insights to improve existing capabilities and develop new ones
- Drive strategic and innovative approaches to address key business problems
- Ensure that both routine and ad-hoc projects are in compliance with all Amgen SOPs and meet service-level expectations for quality, timeliness, and budget
- Be a strong "devil's advocate", even with senior commercial staff
- Regular Travel Required
Doctorate degree and 4 years of analytics, sales and / or marketing operations experience
Master's degree and 7 years of analytics, sales and / or marketing operations experience
Bachelor's degree and 9 years of analytics, sales and / or marketing operations experience
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrated ability to translate business questions and needs into actionable research plans and synthesize multiple data sources to answer business questions
- Prior technical experience creating or managing KPI and performance metrics is required
- Innovation: Demonstrated ability to identify and implement new methodologies and data sources to enhance Amgen analytics capabilities
- Managerial experience is preferred
- Strong Business Acumen: understands both the markets, brands and broader context (internal and external) of the business. Can translate market research insights and findings into realistic, actionable recommendations.
- Executive presence: can quickly establish credibility with and influence ED/VP level staff
- Strong leadership with a demonstrated ability to build and develop high performing teams, deliver results, and shape the future
- Strong communication skills: capable of presenting complicated and controversial findings to commercial leadership
- Therapeutic area experience strongly preferred
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment
- Skill in handling multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.