Marketing Senior Associate
The Senior Associate of Portfolio Coverage & Pricing is a key member of the U.S. Value & Access organization responsible for engaging with subject matter experts and business units to support and execute US portfolio pricing and payer coverage strategies. This individual will engage with subject matter experts across products and business units in all therapeutic areas while supporting coverage and pricing strategic initiatives across the US portfolio.
The Senior Associate will gather, analyze and synthesize cross-functional information across a variety of sources to support scenario-planning and capability building. In this dynamic and fast-paced environment, the candidate will be a key support for the Coverage & Pricing, Payer Contracting, Contract Operations, and Market Access teams for long range planning, brand strategy, and contracting, and coverage pull-through. This role also interacts cross functionally with Value Strategy & Marketing, Ecosystems & Insights, Government Affairs, Trade & Distribution, Finance, Accounting, and Law.
This role will provide a strong foundation in the U.S. healthcare market and is a good avenue to many future commercial healthcare roles. Amgen has strong training, education, and mentoring programs to ensure staff are successful.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Support portfolio analytics and scenario planning roadmap including capabilities enabling cross-portfolio coverage and pricing scenarios
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to connect datasets and build new scenario planning and game theory models
- Support the US Portfolio discount rate forecasting process (LEDR), pricing and contracting scenarios, contract decisions, long-range planning tradeoffs, and consolidated reporting of the US portfolio
- Develop portfolio materials for annual sales meetings and engage in material review and compliance (MAC) process
- Constructively challenge teams by providing disconfirming information and encouraging innovative problem solving
- Assist with strategic planning and quarterly business reviews of the US portfolio
- Track and Manage Coverage & Pricing budget
- Bachelor's degree
- Associates degree and 4 years of commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience in a biopharma or related business environment
- High school diploma / GED and 6 years of commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience in a biopharma or related business environment
- 2+ years of commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience in a biopharma or related business environment
- Experience solving complex business problems and managing multiple projects concurrently
- Strong analytical skills and experience with advanced modeling in Excel
- Ability to create clear and concise PowerPoint slides
- Ability to partner cross functionally
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility and leadership experience
- Previous experience providing and delivering information for decision making by executive management
- Excellent oral and written communication is key for maintaining good relations with our internal and external partners
- Ability to work with compliance and MAC and understand how to submit materials for MAC review
- Adapts and thrives in rapidly changing and fast-moving environment
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.