Marketing Senior Manager, HCP Promotions, Bone Health
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Marketing Manager HCP Promotions, EVENITY
Osteoporosis affects nearly 13 million men and women in the U.S. and is responsible for an estimated 2 million osteoporosis-related fractures (bone breaks) per year. Although osteoporosis has many generic treatment options available, Amgen has emerged as the leader in this therapeutic area with our flagship brand, Prolia® which launched in 2010, and EVENITY ® which launched in Q2 2019. EVENITY is an important therapeutic development - it is the first and only bone builder with a unique dual effect that both increases bone formation and reduces bone resorption (or bone loss) to rapidly reduce the risk of fracture.
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role, you will play a key role in shaping the marketing strategy and plan to drive significant uptake in usage of EVENITY, to help shape the long term marketing vision for the Amgen bone health business, and to influence a dramatic shift in our customers' approach to osteoporosis treatment.
This role will require marketing acumen, cross-functional and cross-franchise leadership, a strong clinical understanding of our bone health products, and strong communication skills. Above all things, you will employ a customer-first mentality in all that you do!
- Lead implementation of marketing initiatives and messages to appropriately drive utilization, differentiation and share growth.
- Support building the promotional strategy for expanded EVENITY use, including developing messaging, assessing product positioning, and the evolution of our marketing plan.
- Translate clinical data into compelling promotional content in partnership with medical, legal, and regulatory
- Partner with Commercial Strategy & Analytics (CS&A) to execute needed market research and to identify key insights and learnings that support strategy, programs, and expected returns/success of programs
- Own Agency and vendor management, and cross-functional matrix management across marketing, global, medical, research, legal, and regulatory groups
- Champion brand strategic thinking for executive updates: preparing and presenting work and findings on a regular basis
- Partner with internal peer-to-peer marketing lead to ensure activities are aligned with brand goals/key messages and to identify appropriate opinion leaders to engage with
- Own budget and performance accountability for all tactics and initiatives
- Domestic travel up to 25%.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a driven person with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Master's degree and 4 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Associate's Degree and 10 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- Track record of developing and implementing high impact promotional campaigns and marketing tools
- Strong science acumen and pharmaceutical marketing experience
- Proven ability to partner with research, medical, regulatory, and legal colleagues
- Strong ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams
- Strong communication effectiveness; ability to influence senior management and the sales and marketing organizations
- Ability to translate and communicate complex information/strategies into simple and impactful plans
- Ability to manage an agency
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.