Associate Director, GMA Change Management
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Reporting to Senior Director, GMA Digital & Multichannel Excellence, this role is responsible for developing and leading change management and communication activities related to digital and multichannel technology initiatives for Global Medical Affairs. Utilizes a variety of disciplines such as project management, process improvement, organizational development/effectiveness, needs assessment, and human capital management to move employees through the transition from current state to future state. This role will partner with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. R&D functions, Customer Excellence and BTS) to conduct front-end assessments; design the strategy, plans and resourcing to facilitate organizational change; and measure effectiveness in pursuit of continuous improvement aligned to AbbVie's change model.
- Work with Medical Excellence Leadership and Subject Matter Experts across the business to design and deliver high-impact change management and communication programs.
- Develops and reviews communication content in support of key technology program activities. Prepares and writes diverse communication messages for stakeholders.
- Applies a structured change management methodology to develop detailed change management plans and ensure intended results are achieved; including risk analysis, organizational alignment, stakeholder management, and measurement.
- Identifies measures that assess the effectiveness of training, communication and change management initiatives and illustrates the impact on the business. Proactively communicates these metrics for prioritized digital and multichannel initiatives.
- Provides direct support and coaching to front-line managers and directors as they help their direct reports manage through transition.
- Leverages and manages a blend of contractor and outsourced resources to scale appropriately in accordance with demand and project timelines to ensure critical business needs are met.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of business operations and technology capabilities to effectively communicate, interact and influence key internal stakeholders groups on behalf of Global Medical Affairs.
- Establish "best practice and sharing" for change management. Develop, champion and maintain community to share leading practices across Global Medical Affairs.
- Maintain a global perspective and a focus on solutions that are easy to access and use, optimizing the end user experience with technology.
- Remain current in GMA related regulations, AbbVie policies, and new regulations affecting GMA.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Organizational Development/Behavior, Human Resource Development, Organizational Effectiveness, or equivalent.
- Certification preferred. CCMP (Certified Change Management Professional), certification in Change Management Methodology (e.g. Prosci, LaMarsh), PMP (project management professional), CPLP (certified professional in learning & performance), or other (e.g. PCC, professional certified coach).
- More than 8 years of industry experience required preferably in Medical Affairs or Commercial.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in communications, people management, project management or business transformation role, or management consulting role.
- Supervisory/leadership experience managing people or multiple projects. Experience in leading in a multi-task environment as well as in a virtual and matrix organization.
- Proven self-management and organizational skills; able to manage workload, set personal and team priorities and adjust as needed; financial acumen competence.
- Demonstrated leading/inspiring change with positive outcomes by achieving results through people with no direct line management responsibility.
- Strong business acumen; ability to think strategically and translate a strategy to an innovative and implementable plan with global and cross-functional and departmental impact.
- Must have proven experience in situations of conflict resolution, problem solving and crisis management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship building skills.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.