Senior Engineer, Technology II
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Conceive, design, engineer, and implement data, software, and technology solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in own function and throughout multiple business areas. Act as a lead engineer in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant technological advances and integrate this knowledge into new business technology solutions. . Technology Engineers will be aligned to a specific area: Information, Software, Data, or Infrastructure.
- Conceive, design, engineer, and implement software and technology solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; Demonstrate the ability to resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise.
- Demonstrate high proficiency across a wide range of technologies and platforms related to software design and development, programming languages, data integration, data warehousing, data analysis and visualization tools, data storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the pharmaceutical and healthcare business, and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor. Keeps key stakeholders informed through effective verbal and written communication.
- Matures and leverages relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, and industry peers in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- May mentor/supervise a team of one or more and guide and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
• Bachelor's Degree with 7 years experience; Master's Degree with 6 years experience; PhD with 2 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
• Possess thorough theoretical and practical understanding of data archiving, records management principles, data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL), and data or information governance technologies and best practices.
• Experience with researching and analyzing technology trends and advancements, identifying technology gaps in the business, mapping to business needs and developing technology roadmaps and long range and implementation plans to fulfill business objectives.
• Proven planning, development, testing and implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced business capabilities.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.