Reliability Section Manager
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Section Manager, Maintenance and Engineering Services is responsible for management of the administrative requirements for the department. These responsibilities include personnel management, training management, and project management. This position directly supervises the activities of technical personnel consisting of a mix of exempt and nonexempt employees.
• Supervises the day-to-day activities of exempt and nonexempt technical personnel. Provides leadership for the organization, and sets direction for all direct reports.
• Responsible for all facets of the Talent Management System (setting goals, growth plans, performance feedback, and performance assessments) for all direct reports.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining department training curriculums for each direct report. Ensures that direct reports complete required training to maintain compliance with job duties and responsibilities.
• Responsible for maintaining adherence to cGMP requirements (training, documentation, procedures, etc.) for the department.
• Supports the department manager in the development of budgets and assists with monthly financial tracking.
• Supports the department manager in developing Key Performance Indicators for the organization, tracks data related to KPI's, and drives improvement initiatives across the organization.
• Serves as a project manager for department initiatives and capital projects. Leads members of the organization in the development of the budget, scope, and schedule for major projects.
• Serves as the conduit for communication within the department to ensure that leadership messages, organizational changes, and initiatives are communicated to direct reports. Also serves as the conduit for communication from direct reports back up to the area management.
• Serves as the face of the organization to internal and external customers to ensure communication and customer focus.
• College Degree or equivalent experience. Strong problem solving and analysis skills are required. A technical degree (Engineering or Science) is preferred.
• At least 5+ years of prior experience in area(s) of Manufacturing, Engineering, Maintenance, Facilities Management, or an equivalent Technical Field is required. Prior supervision experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of basic regulatory requirements.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.