Machine Learning Intern
We're looking for a Machine Learning Intern to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
As a member of our Machine Learning team, you'll apply your scientific knowledge and experience to develop and evaluate machine learning methods and find creative solutions to challenging problems. You will work under the supervision of one of our senior scientists and collaborate with other members of our talented team of scientists and engineers.
This position is for the summer of 2021. When our offices are open, you're welcome to come in but this position is otherwise remote.
Who will love this job:
- An undergraduate or graduate (MSc or PhD/DPhil) student in computer science, chemistry, chemical engineering or related subject with experience in software development and engineering
- A scientist with python development experience
- A biologist or chemist with knowledge of machine learning frameworks such as PyTorch, has experience developing machine learning algorithms, and has deployed machine learning models
Depending on your experience and interests, projects might include:
- Predict chemical properties or assay outcomes using machine learning
- Manage trade-offs between complexity and accuracy
- Use Bayesian optimization and other model optimization improvements and techniques
- prototyping machine learning systems
- developing pipelines and infrastructure
- processing data
- performing machine learning experiments
What you should have:
- An eagerness to contribute to developments at Schrödinger
- Curiosity about industry
- An open mind and a good attitude
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it's people that make a company great. We have catered meals in the office every day and a company culture that is relaxed but engaged. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
Sounds exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.