Senior Scientist - Protein Engineering
Senior Scientist- Protein Engineer
At Rejuvenate Bio, we aspire to treat aging and age-related diseases. We are a spinout from George Church's lab at Harvard Medical School and the Wyss Institute, and our goal is to treat pets with targeted gene therapies directed at curing specific disease states associated with old age that also have the potential to extend overall health and maximal lifespan. So, come join Rejuvenate and save all the puppies!!!!!!! (Puppy parties as celebration events are highly probable)
Duties & Responsibilities
Rejuvenate Bio is looking for a highly-motivated individual to join our energetic team and accelerate development of our therapies. The Protein Engineering position will directly support efforts to drive forward our future commercial offerings. The applicant will be tasked with their own project area and will assist with virus creation and running assays. The role reports to the CSO of Rejuvenate Bio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Execute protein engineering projects based on structure function relationships
- Measure protein-ligand binding interactions
- Use of Rosetta to explore protein space for experimental design
- Perform directed evolution experiments (e.g. yeast display, phage display, etc)
- Design and build DNA (plasmids, genomic constructs, etc)
- Screen and identify improved proteins based on FACS and/or biochemical analysis
- Handle complex protocols, assist in experimental design, data analysis, and be able to summarize findings into technical reports
- Maintain professional, scientific, and ethical integrity
- Communicate effectively within the group and with other functional groups in the company
- Setting, completing and updating milestones related to main project.
- Executing experiments, independently and in conjunction with a small team in support of research studies
Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry, microbiology, biomedical engineering, bioengineering, chemical engineering or related field required. Experience w/ protein structure function relationships and experience with Rosetta modeling software is a MUST (or similar modeling software). Ideal candidate will start out as 50/50 wet lab/computing.
Experience with synthetic biology, directed evolution, protein engineering, library preparation and barcoding, screening methodologies, and next gen sequencing is preferred. Design optimization of in vitro enzyme assays, Native and affinity-based protein purifications, Biophysical characterization of ligand binding, Molecular cloning and plasmid construction: Isothermal assembly, Golden gate, restriction-based and/or homologous recombination-based cloning, Well-organized, self-motivated, and a quick learner who is able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Willingness to work outside of his/her discipline to accomplish project goals. Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment. Strong work ethic, communication skills and goal-oriented personality.
If interested email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter. We are located in San Diego California.