Senior Toxicology Scientist / Project Toxicologist
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to build a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine that has a track record of generating one new IND candidate per year. NGM’s current pipeline of clinical-stage programs consists of five drug candidates targeting liver and metabolic diseases, retinal diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, aldafermin (NGM282), is in Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and is wholly-owned by NGM. Another drug candidate, NGM621, is in a Phase 2 study in geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to age-related macular degeneration (AMD). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, with a current term running to March 2022, provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
NGM is seeking a Senior Toxicology Scientist with a strong research background and proven ability to contribute to the understanding of the pharmacologic/toxicologic mechanism(s) of drug-induced responses. The best candidate for this position has the ability to immerse in the understanding of complex biologic pathways across multiple programs and identify key research activities of importance, and is detail-oriented with strong documentation and organizational skills.
- Key member on multidisciplinary Product Development Teams to represent the toxicology function to define and implement nonclinical safety evaluation strategy and plan of novel candidate molecules.
- Participate in Research Project Teams to lead the evaluation of potential safety and toxicity liabilities of biologic pathways of interest.
- Lead the design and conduct of experiments to help inform the potential translatability and relevance of nonclinical safety findings to humans.
- Responsible to draft and review nonclinical sections of regulatory documents (IND, IMPD, IB, briefing packages) including nonclinical pharmacology and toxicology.
- Manage toxicology studies in-house and at contract research organizations.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry in the area of nonclinical drug discovery and/or development.
- PhD degree in toxicology, pathology, pharmacology, or related discipline
- Post-doctoral experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a matrix environment and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to efficiently relay information to project teams and other key stakeholders
- Experience with large molecule (proteins and monoclonal antibody) drug discovery and development desired, but not required
- Proven ability to work independently and be self-motivated
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program participation, 401(k) and a comprehensive, industry-leading, benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"
We have become aware of false offers of employment being made by individuals impersonating NGM representatives in order to collect personal information and/or payment. Please exercise caution when receiving unsolicited recruiting offers. NGM always lists all open positions on the NGM careers page and all employment applications must be submitted through our online portal. NGM will never solicit payment or payment information from candidates. Please be advised that NGM is not currently hiring in any countries other than the US. We never request that candidate information be sent to a non-ngmbio.com email address.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency résumés. NGM Bio is not responsible for any fees related to résumés that are unsolicited.