Associate Director, Bioanalytical (Ligand Binding) Assay Development
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to build a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine that has a track record of generating one new IND candidate per year. NGM’s current pipeline of clinical-stage programs consists of five drug candidates targeting liver and metabolic diseases, retinal diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, aldafermin (NGM282), is in Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and is wholly-owned by NGM. Another drug candidate, NGM621, is in a Phase 2 study in geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to age-related macular degeneration (AMD). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, with a current term running to March 2022, provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are currently seeking an immunoassay expert in assay development and troubleshooting with extensive hands on experience mainly focus on TK/PK and immunogenicity assays. Experience with Nab assays and biomarker assays is a plus. As Manager reporting to the Director of Bioanalytical Group, performs and directs assay development, method transfer, and sample analysis for non-clinical and clinical bioanalytical activities; assigns and monitors projects and supervises bioanalytical scientific staff. Assists Director to QC and review protocols, study data and reports generated by the group or CROs. Understands corporate goals and timelines and assumes responsibility to ensure they are met. Work extensively with internal groups and CROs to ensure the on time delivery and study quality.
- Supervisory responsibilities including training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; demonstrating commitment to quality; efficiently prioritizing and delegating workload.
- Plays an important role in early stage assay design and development, reagent selection and life cycle management, and troubleshooting with extensive hands on skills and experience.
- Performs management review of data and communicate trends or anomalies in data.
- Effectively manages assigned resources to complete work assignments, build an effective team environment and utilize staff according to the strengths and skill sets to generate reliable and reproducible data under aggressive timelines.
- Willingness to perform additional work as assigned by management and as part of individual development plan.
- Provides accurate and timely project status/updates to management and to internal groups.
- Presents experimental results to multidisciplinary, bioanalytical, regulatory and clinical team meetings.
- Develops direct reports; establishes goals and provides periodic performance feedback including conducting formal performance appraisals. Creates an environment which stimulates, develops, and promotes the scientific and career development of direct/indirect reports.
- Maintains accurate and complete safety records consistent with company policy and legal requirements. Recognizes potential safety problems and takes action to rectify them.
- PhD, 8+ years in the biopharmaceutical industry, 5+ years leading a bioanalytical team
- MS, 10+ years in the biopharmaceutical industry, 7+ years leading a bioanalytical team
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"
We have become aware of false offers of employment being made by individuals impersonating NGM representatives in order to collect personal information and/or payment. Please exercise caution when receiving unsolicited recruiting offers. NGM always lists all open positions on the NGM careers page and all employment applications must be submitted through our online portal. NGM will never solicit payment or payment information from candidates. Please be advised that NGM is not currently hiring in any countries other than the US. We never request that candidate information be sent to a non-ngmbio.com email address.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency résumés. NGM Bio is not responsible for any fees related to résumés that are unsolicited.