Senior Engineer, Technology II
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Provide thought leadership and guidance to manage data within the Enterprise Data Platform ecosystem.
- Planning, building, and running enterprise class information management solutions across a variety of technologies (Big Data, master data, data profiling, ETL batch processing, streaming, and data indexing technologies)
- Curating content to support the key business initiatives
- Working with data scientist and data analysts across functional disciplines
- Participating in the acquisition, cataloging, and harmonization of data aligned with the needs of business stakeholders. Supports data consumers in understanding information context, generating fit for purpose datasets, and effectively utilizing advance analytic tools.
- Ensuring appropriate security and compliance policies are followed for information access and dissemination
- Defining and applying information quality and consistency business rules throughout the data processing lifecycle
- Collaborating with information providers to ensure quality data updates are processed in a timely fashion
- Enforcing and expanding use of AbbVie Common Data Model and industry standard information descriptions (ontologies, taxonomies, vocabularies, lexicons, dictionaries, thesaurus, glossaries etc.)
- Managing the information portal and its customer-facing resources (data catalog, data portal, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of related work experience and a strong understanding of specified functional area. Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred. Advanced degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in a several data Engineering roles such as database developer/administrator, ETL developer, data analyst, BI analytics developer, and/or solution developer of contextual search applications
- Experience with Informatica tools (PowerCenter, Big Data Management / Data Engineering Integration, Master Data Management), Cloudera CDH/ CDP and ecosystem tools (SOLR, Spark, Impala, Hive, Hue, Ranger, etc.), Oracle, SQL Server, MarkLogic, SAS Analytics, python, R and Amazon Web Services preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.