Senior Scientist - CMC and assay dev
Senior Scientist- CMC Analytical Development
At Rejuvenate Bio, we aspire to treat aging and age-related diseases. We are a spinout from George Church's lab at Harvard Medical School and the Wyss Institute, and our goal is to treat pets with targeted gene therapies directed at curing specific disease states associated with old age that also have the potential to extend overall health and maximal lifespan. So, come join Rejuvenate and save all the puppies!!!!!!! (Puppy parties as celebration events are highly probable)
Duties & Responsibilities
Rejuvenate Bio is looking for a highly-motivated individual to join our energetic team and accelerate the development of our therapies. The CMC and assay development position will directly support efforts to drive forward our future commercial offerings developing our GMP process. Gene therapy is at a tipping point. We have already seen remarkable strides toward curing untreatable diseases. The Sr. Scientist will be responsible for independently developing and qualifying cell-based, ELISA and qPCR assays for the determination of the potency and consistency of AAV vector products. In addition, the oversight of CRO's will be a responsibility of this position. The role reports to the Sr. Director of Manufacturing of Rejuvenate Bio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Setting, completing and updating milestones related to main project.
- Performing cell culture and virus creation and purification
- Developing cell based in-vitro potency assays for AAV products with either an ELISA, ddPCR/qPCR, or a protein functional readout.
- Application of statistical methods required for the evaluation of potency assays.
- Participation in transfer and validation activities for cell-based in-vitro potency assays.
- Management and oversight of a small group of Scientists and Research Associates for supporting multiple Rejuvenate programs.
- Performing standard and advanced cloning techniques
- Executing experiments, independently and in conjunction with a small team in support of research studies
- Following laboratory protocols and safety regulations.
- Performing detailed and accurate documentation of all experiments and laboratory practices.
- Accountable for on-time, high quality results and clearly communicating progress.
Ph.D. in virology, biology, biochemistry, microbiology, biomedical engineering, bioengineering or related field required. Experience with AAV or other biologic assay development. Demonstrated prior experience developing cell-based assays for the assessment of product potency employing ELISA, qPCR, enzymatic, and viability readouts. An understanding of statistical methods required for the evaluation of potency assays.
2+ years of industry experience preferred. Experience with suspension cell culture and protein production. Experience with flow cytometry, ELISAs, PCR, and microscopy. Proven ability to draft and implement lab protocols. Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment. Strong work ethic, communication skills and goal-oriented personality.