Senior Scientist - AAV and Aging
Senior Research Scientist
At Rejuvenate Bio, we aspire to treat aging and age-related diseases. We are a spinout from George Church's lab at Harvard Medical School and the Wyss Institute, and our goal is to treat pets with targeted gene therapies directed at curing specific disease states associated with old age that also have the potential to extend overall health and maximal lifespan. So, come join Rejuvenate and save all the puppies!!!!!!! (Puppy parties as celebration events are highly probable)
Duties & Responsibilities
Rejuvenate Bio is looking for a highly-motivated individual to join our energetic team and accelerate the development of our therapies. The Senior Scientist position will directly support efforts to drive forward our future commercial offerings. Gene therapy is at a tipping point. We have already seen remarkable strides toward curing untreatable diseases. They will be responsible for independently investigating new therapeutics for treating aging and age-related diseases as well as support our current vector development and manage RA’s. In addition, the oversight of CRO's will be a responsibility of this position. The role reports to the CSO of Rejuvenate Bio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Setting, completing and updating milestones related to main project
- Performing cell culture and virus creation and purification when needed
- Management and oversight of CRO’s to conduct animal or other experiments
- Performing standard and advanced cloning techniques
- Designing and executing experiments, independently and in conjunction with a small team in support of research studies
- Following laboratory protocols and safety regulations.
- Performing detailed and accurate documentation of all experiments and laboratory practices.
- Accountable for on-time, high quality results and clearly communicating progress.
Ph.D. in virology, biology, biochemistry, microbiology, biomedical engineering, bioengineering or related field required. Experience with AAV and other standard microbial techniques (e.g. ELISA, qPCR, cloning, western blot, cell culture, etc.).
2+ years of industry experience preferred. Experience managing a team of people and working between different groups. Proven ability to define a project goal and work independently or in a group setting to achieve it. Strong work ethic, communication skills and goal-oriented personality.