Senior Scientist, Preclinical Development
GenEdit is an early stage company developing the next-generation therapeutics for genetic and other diseases through safe and efficient delivery of gene therapeutic drugs. Our technology platform is based on non-viral, biocompatible polymer nanoparticles for the targeted in vivo delivery of nucleic acids, proteins, or ribonucleic acid-protein complexes (RNP) to specific organs or cell types. GenEdit fosters a dynamic start-up environment where self-driven, enthusiastic employees thrive. We are based in South San Francisco, CA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization.
GenEdit is seeking a highly self-motivated and goal-oriented Senior Scientist with hands-on experience in performing in vivo studies to join our team. This full-time position will initially report to the CSO and will be responsible for testing nanoparticle encapsulated gene therapeutic drugs in vivo and related in vitro analysis of tissues and cells. This position will spend 50-75% time on performing in-life studies and tissue analysis. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required as needed. The successful candidate will be a highly collaborative, resourceful, and effective team-player who is enthusiastic about tackling challenging complex scientific and technical problems with novel approaches and solutions.
Desired Experience and Requirements
- A highly motivated researcher with particular attention to detail and the ability to independently plan, design, and implement experiments.
- Ability to execute standard operating procedures with accuracy and precision.
- Work cooperatively with multidisciplinary matrixed teams, keep detailed and organized lab records, and present results at team meetings.
- Extensive hands-on experience with animal (rodent) handling, including but not limited to drug administration (IV, IM, IP, IT injections), anesthesia, organ harvest, and in vivo bioluminescence imaging.
- Experience with rodent models of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, orthotopic and disseminated tumors, CNS, and/or genetic diseases.
- Experience with IHC for tissue histology and quantitative microscopy.
- Working knowledge and skills with various in vitro assays and techniques, including but not limited to PCR-based assays, gel electrophoresis, flow cytometry, primary and cell line culture, ELISA a plus.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with gene therapy vectors, CRISPR-Cas9 or nucleic acid delivery a plus
- Working knowledge of applicable AALAC and IACUC guidelines, scientific background for relevant therapeutic areas of rare genetic disorders is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with managing direct reports a plus.