Research Associate - in vitro
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven Research Associate who will be key in advancing our preclinical drug development scientific initiatives for indications impacted by aging.
As a member of Alkahest’s Preclinical Research team, this person will help establish and perform in vitro cellular assays to enable bioactive screening, target prioritization and mechanism of action studies. The candidate will be involved in establishing, validating, and implementing methodologies and is thus pivotal to the company’s mission. Studies performed will involve cutting edge science and require innovative concepts and strategies.
The role requires dedication to drive science, excellent communication and organization, flexibility, and the ability to interact with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and research associates to drive multiple projects in parallel.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial and lots of fun.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Isolate, purify and maintain primary cells and stable cell lines
- Develop and execute routine cell-based screening assays to ensure timely and high-quality data delivery
- Troubleshoot assays to ensure quality control and reproducibility
- Use molecular and biochemical analysis methods, immunocytochemistry, microscopy and qPCR to obtain robust endpoints and explore mechanism of action
- Analyze, interpret, and effectively present data at team meetings
- Manage databases and sample handling to ensure completeness, fidelity and integrity
- Interface with lead scientific staff to organize, coordinate, schedule and execute experimental work
- Maintain familiarity with current scientific literature
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor, Masters or Doctorate degree in biology, cell biology, molecular biology, or related fields
- Significant experience (2+ years) in cell culture, assay development & execution
- Experience in database management is strongly preferred
- High attention to detail combined with multitasking ability is critical
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in developing various cell-based medium-throughput screening assays with immortalized and primary cells.
- Experience with cell types such as myoblasts and cardiomyocytes is desirable.
- Strong foundation knowledge and experience with ELISA, Western blotting, immunocytochemistry, microscopy, and qPCR
- Knowledge in high content image screening and flow cytometry is a plus
- Collaborative spirit and the ability to self-motivate and work independent
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a multi-tasked, fast-paced startup environment
- Research experience in aging biology is a plus
Apply today. We'd love to meet you.