Scientist / Sr. Scientist, RNA Biology, Drug Delivery
About Mantra Bio:
Mantra Bio is a biotechnology company developing exosome therapeutics. We are a data-first company re-imagining therapeutics from the ground up by leveraging insights from exosomes. Our team of biologists, data scientists, and platform engineers have built REVEALTM, a proprietary exosome intelligence platform enabling the discovery of exosomes therapeutics in multiple disease areas. We are proud to count 8VC, Viking, Illumina, and TenCent among our investors. Mantra Bio operates out of a newly constructed facility in South San Francisco, the heart of Biotech.
About the Role:
Mantra Bio is seeking an experienced scientist to lead our RNA biology efforts. You will be a key contributor to our exosome therapeutic programs that span both early R&D and preclinical IND efforts. The position requires broad technical experience that spans molecular biology, synthetic biology, RNA and oligonucleotide synthesis, structural RNA biology and RNA-protein biology. You will develop new, innovative tools/assays for synthesizing, manipulating and analyzing RNA. You will optimize RNA sequence and structure to develop therapeutics for diseases with high unmet clinical needs. You will collaborate across Mantra’s teams with Protein Scientists, Formulation Scientists, Process Scientists, and Data Scientists to rapidly optimize, implement, and scale up isolation, purification, and characterization methods for exosome-based therapeutic drug candidates. You are operationally minded, able to run multiple projects in parallel, and willing to do what it takes to drive the team forward.
- Develop new, innovative assays for synthesizing, manipulating, quantifying, and analyzing RNA and RNA-protein interactions.
- Develop methods and analytical tools that advance our understanding of RNA structure, RNA-protein interactions, and biological activity as functional therapeutics.
- Closely collaborate with our Protein Sciences and Formulation Sciences Teams to characterize and validate their RNA-protein engineering technologies.
- Transfer your validated RNA characterization assays to our Process Sciences Team for batch scale-up and GMP manufacturing.
- Collaborate with our Data Science Team on models, algorithms, and tools to accelerate and improve RNA characterization and engineering.
- Plan, prioritize, and coordinate tasks across multiple projects.
What We're Looking For:
- BS/MS degree with 6+ experience or PhD degree with 3+ years experience in a drug development setting.
- 4+ years experience of developing innovative tools/assays for synthesizing, manipulating, quantifying, and analyzing RNA.
- Experience developing methods to analyze a variety of RNA species.
- Expertise in designing and analyzing results of microarray and RNA-Seq experiments.
- Experience translating in vitro findings to Preclinical Teams for in vivo validation.
- Experience with in situ hybridization, FISH, RT-qPCR.
- Demonstrated experience in RNA-based drug modalities required.
- Experience characterizing RNA-protein interactions is a plus.
- Experience in biosynthetic RNA or ASO sequence design a plus.
- Demonstrated independent thought and creativity to tackle new areas of science.
- Strong track record of scientific contributions in the development of novel analytical methods.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including clear, succinct, and timely communication.
- Proven ability to foster strong collaborative relationships with other team members and stakeholders.
- Highly self-motivated and detail-oriented, with proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-moving team. We are a start-up looking for applicants who are ready and willing to roll their sleeves up and be the Key Driver to meet project timelines and milestones.
- Excited about working with a data-driven team and collaborating with research scientists, data scientists and platform engineers.
- Familiarity or experience with scripting and statistical analysis of your data, nice to have.
- Experience collaborating with computational scientists while analyzing your data, nice to have.
Well Being for All.
We create exosome therapeutics that eliminate suffering and enable our global community to live well. At Mantra Bio, we believe in cultivating a principled environment of ‘Well Being’ for our team first that extends to the patients we seek to cure.
Mantra Bio’s Culture:
At Mantra Bio, we value Self-Empowerment, Candor, Curiosity, and Unity. We take pride in building a close knit team of humble, wildly intelligent All Stars that thrive in collaborative environments. We trust each team member to do what’s best for the organization and strive for ‘People over Process.’ We believe that a culture of feedback is essential to personal growth, and in turn, organizational growth. We practice giving and receiving feedback as often as we can, while giving and receiving kudos even more. Above all, we believe in cultivating curiosity and learning, in an environment of empathy and respect.
Mantra Bio is committed to inclusion and diversity in our hiring practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe in diversity being the backbone of a strong company.