Manager, Advanced Decisioning Capabilities
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
- Lead cross functional teams within AbbVie's US Commercial organization to develop advanced decisioning capabilities supporting omnichannel execution and Next Best Experience (NBE) leveraging data, analytics and technology solutions.
The ideal candidate would be the key owner of AbbVie's Intelligent Decisioning Platform (IDP) to drive the adoption and growth of AbbVie's decisioning capabilities by leveraging advanced analytics and data sciences and enhance existing capabilities to meet the strategic priorities of the US Commercial organization at AbbVie.
- Collaboration & Communication
The ability to collaborate and communicate across different teams and levels within the organization is a key success factor for this role. The ideal candidate should be able to facilitate productive discussions among cross-functional partners with the goal of drawing out new and innovative ideas or challenging existing ones to help bring a more holistic & integrated picture of business opportunities to the organization. This position will liaise with the Customer Experience, Line of Business Analytics Teams and the Business Technology Solutions teams to drive the growth of AbbVie's next gen decisioning capabilities. This position will also require collaborating with the US Commercial Data Science teams to design, develop and build data and analytical pipelines for execution and monitoring of Machine Learning based decisioning models.
- Solution Design and Operations
A robust understanding of data driven decisioning frameworks and orchestration across multiple execution channels will be crucial for this role. An understanding of the HCP and Consumer data landscape across pharma sales and marketing areas (personal and non personal promotional channels) will be an added advantage. This position will work with appropriate cross-functional partners to design and build new decisioning logic for triggers and recommendations and lead ongoing operations for the IDP program. Prior hands-on data mining and analytics expertise is preferred. The solutions can be formulated in a multitude of ways including, but not limited to:
- Working with internal stakeholders like Customer Experience and Customer Analytics to design and build new triggers and/or enhance existing triggers
- Working with outside vendors to onboard new triggers and carry out assessments to recommend vendors
- Provide thought leadership on industry best practices and approaches that can improve/impact the decisioning capability maturity within AbbVie
- Project and Program Management:
This position executes strategic project initiatives and sets program priorities in coordination with stakeholders, steering committees, and the Business Technology Solutions function. As a strategic project/program manager, this position is responsible for defining key project milestones across the development lifecycle of the project, risk & contingency plans across a variety of initiatives, and for communicating achievements against those milestones to various level audiences.
This position is responsible for identifying and securing an effective team of resources to execute solutions and plan for appropriate budget needs to build or onboard the solutions in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5-7 years of professional experience.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in data analysis, data management and modeling.
- Exposure to designing decisioning solutions using decision trees and business rules
- Knowledge and exposure to advanced analytics suites (Dataiku/Alteryx) and decisioning tools like Pega will be an added advantage
- Prior experience in data analysis tools like SQL, SAS/R, Python
- Experience in analyzing and processing different types of data used in the pharmaceutical industry including data from internal systems like call activity and speaker programs, as well as syndicated data from third party vendors such as IQVIA, Symphony Health, patient level data, Affiliations and specialty pharmacy data across retail and non-retail business channels is a plus
- Preferred experience with marketing promotional data across different promotional channels (personal and non personal channels like digital, web and email)
- Experience working in a matrixed environment across commercial and marketing stakeholders.
- Bring a strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think dynamically.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Project management experience; solid attention to detail and operational focus.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.