AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Creates and executes communications strategies and tactics for assigned clients. By applying technical product and industry knowledge and creative written communications skills, develops effective product advertising and brand positioning for products assigned and persuasively and effectively presents the creative work. Executions must be of high impact, cost-effective, of the highest quality, and completed within the time frame agreed to by client and agency.
Additional Dimensions (e.g., Units Produced, Payroll, Inventory, Fixed Assets, etc.):
Pacific Communications is the largest full service provider of medical communications on the West Coast, specializing in marketing strategy development and planning, medical communications and education, branding, advertising, and promotion. This includes launching many new products and technologies, with a global reach.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employs creative abilities to conceive, develop, and write high quality advertising and promotional materials. These materials give assigned product lines a unique, competitive advantage in the marketplace and are instrumental to the sales efforts of clients.
- Contributes to the development and analysis of marketing strategies to help determine a product's optimal brand positioning. Work proactively with account team to obtain input that most clearly and directly supports these strategies.
- Establishes and maintains healthy, productive relationship(s) with art director(s) as well as members of the account team.
- Fosters a positive team spirit within the creative department-helping on special assignments, sharing knowledge and resources, participating in new business pitches, or providing support to other writers, as needed.
- Persuasively presents creative concepts to both account team and client. Achieve a healthy balance-striving to retain creative integrity while also working collaboratively, where appropriate, to listen to feedback and fine-tune concepts according to client needs.
- Expands personal knowledge of a product or category in order to be a valued technical resource to the agency.
- Helps raise Pacific's stature in the healthcare advertising industry through award-winning creative (MMA, Rx Club, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a four-year college education with emphasis in English, Writing, Journalism, or Advertising.
- Two to four years' agency copywriting experience.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Proven talent in creative concepting and copywriting.
- An in-depth knowledge of advertising techniques and organizational skills. An understanding of marketing principles is required. An ability to analyze complex data and interpret it for promotional application is also required. Medical advertising experience a plus. This level of knowledge would normally be acquired through one to three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Must be an innovative individual capable of looking at old problems in new ways.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.