Director, Performance Innovation
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results. All while wearing jeans to work!
Director, Performance Innovation
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE...
- A Key Strategic Partner. You will act as a strategic partner to Allergan Aesthetics' business to identify and tackle priority projects, critical to the current and future business. Combines strategic thinking, analytic rigor and project management skills to help define actionable solutions to complex problems. The focus of this role is identifying and addressing performance improvement opportunities across the business to help the Allergan Aesthetics to become more efficient and effective for ourselves and our customers.
- A Collaborative Partner. You will partner with business leaders from across the organization - including but not limited to commercial, operations/supply chain, finance, business technology, and customer experience - to identify opportunity areas and collectively create optimal solutions that balance the needs of different stakeholders. You will build strong relationships that enable you to draw in the right stakeholders from across the business and ensure they are kept appropriately informed.
- An Innovative Project Manager. You will support team members in translating solutions into actionable project plans, with clear goals, milestones, deliverables and metrics. You will support the transition to implementation and help address pain points as they arise.
- A Key Analytical Partner. You will possess strong analytical skills, as well as the ability to translate strategic vision into tactical action, identify the highest impact opportunities and solutions, and focus efforts to enable cross-functional teams to deliver powerful results. You will partner with our insights and analytics team to deliver data-driven results.
- Partner with VP and executive level stakeholders to help answer key decisions that impact the current and future performance of our business
- Act as a convener, bringing together colleagues from across different parts of the organization to create and deliver consensus-driven solutions
- Leverage prior consulting experience to understand the evolving approach to meet our customer's needs, competitive landscape, changing techniques, and unmet patient needs in the space
- Create a structured approach and guide progress against multiple concurrent projects, driving the problem-solving process, supporting research and analytics, and distilling pragmatic recommendations
- Develop and deliver executive updates on priority projects
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for operational improvement for the business, applying knowledge of healthcare to identify and resolve pain points
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree required (MBA preferred)
- Extensive experience in corporate or commercial strategy for healthcare or pharmaceutical organizations required
- Healthcare and pharma industry operational improvement experience with a top-tier strategic consulting firm preferred
- Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally, bringing together the best of the business to drive results in a heavily matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and analytic mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to lead executive-level discussions to influence complex business decisions
- Background in managing large projects within a complex matrixed organization, either as an external consultant or an internal cross-functional lead
- Experience managing cross-functional teams, including management of remote colleagues
- Drive, energy, and passion to advance Allergan Aesthetics and AbbVie's mission
For this role, we're looking for a leader who is:
- Excellence Focused
- Open and Authentic
A Talent Magnet: The best leaders are brand ambassadors and have an eye out for great talent to join our family. All Allergan colleagues are an extension of our recruiting team, building bridges for the best people to grow our company.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.