Hospital Surgical Representative - New Haven, CT
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
The Hospital Surgical Representative (HSR) is responsible for providing sales and promotion of Allergan Medical plastic surgery products, maintaining customer base, developing new markets, and obtaining new customers.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed sales targets on an ongoing basis and has the capability of selling targeted products to targeted accounts.
- Conduct excellent product in-servicing and product evaluations that lead to customer conversions.
- Prospect and develop relationships with prospective customers, converting them to Allergan customers (primary customers include the physician, materials manager and the purchasing administrator).
- Increase account penetration with orders for Allergan Tissue Matrices for new surgical procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree or higher level degree is required
- Minimum of 3 years of Surgical or Specialty Sales experience required
- Surgical Sales Preferred
- Hospital Sales Preferred
- Buy and Bill Preferred
- Prior Experience with General, Plastic and/or Colorectal Surgery areas preferred
- Demonstrated sales experience involving servicing and product evaluations leading to customer conversions. Experience with building prospects and relationships to close leads.
- Display a strong knowledge of product line, capitalize on all product features and benefits, make effective use of selling tools and maintain a high level of expertise in appropriate surgical procedures and operating room conduct.
- Attain and utilize competitor comparison knowledge.
- Ability to identify decision makers and influence decisions
- Ability to manage and prioritize work load, multi-task and manage a diverse mix of issues, responsibilities and challenges
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Ability to manage budgets, expenses and execute plans
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to function effectively in a high performance team. Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate scientific/clinical features and benefits of a product
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturing
- Knowledge of operating room etiquette, sterile fields and sterile techniques
- Ability to observe use of Allergan Medical products in the surgical arena
- Travel required
- Ability to drive a car with a valid driver's license
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.