Marketing Innovation Senior Manager, HCP
Within Global Commercial Operations, we have the capabilities, resources, and strength of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurial spirit that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We are committed to promoting and maintaining an inclusive, high-performing culture and encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments and ongoing career development!
Amgen is looking for a Senior Manager, HCP Media Operations & Innovation to be part of the Marketing Operations and Innovation (MOI) organization. The Sr. Manager is responsible for leading, planning and developing media & digital capabilities and partnerships for Amgen. He or she will be a key driver of our audience first, engagement driven media strategy, partnership and tactics and play a pivotal role in crafting and implementing a vision of what media strategy will look like for US Business Operations and marketing teams. This person will understand traditional media and be savvy in digital and new, innovative media opportunities. More specifically, they will translate data and insights to help realize moments of receptivity across the customer journey ensuring our media efforts align the right brand message to the right channels at the right time.
The Sr. Manager will be part of a robust marketing team who frequently interacts with cross-functional teams and partnering agencies/vendors to connect healthcare professional marketing activities & media performance data across brands, business strategy, goals and tactics. This position reports to the Director of Marketing Operations & Innovation.
Job responsibilities include:
Develop & Elevate Amgen's Marketing Capabilities and Standardize Strategic Approach:
- Serve as the sponsor for HCP media innovation and build the business case to demonstrate how new capabilities could positively impact personal, non-personal and Field Marketing strategies.
- Work with HCP Marketers, Agency & MCM Partners, Field Leadership and Speaker Program Teams to develop, execute and standardize Amgen's approach to media planning, partnerships and execution to meet brand objectives and stimulate appropriate healthcare professional awareness, new patient starts, and adherence.
- Partners with brand teams on key thought leader critical initiatives, including peer-to-peer education programs, advisory boards, and conference activities.
- Supports annual scientific congress strategy (from a MOI/Commercial perspective), planning and pull-through of promotional activities at key congresses.
- Develop omni-channel user experience across all channels with emphasis on context and content consumption.
- Work across brand teams to understand HCP motivations and behaviors across therapeutic areas.
- Represent the voice of the HCP, translate HCP and market insights in choice of media channels. Ensure messaging is consistent across channels and that content ties engagement channels together.
Lead the Measurement & Optimization Plan:
- Partner with internal brand and data science teams, as well as external vendors/agencies, to identify / build a media measurement framework and communication cadence.
- Develop critical metrics and corresponding benchmarks to assess value through analytics, measure success, and recommend campaign excellence based on results.
- Use analytics and research to provide recommendations to brand teams on channel selection and channel mix.
Work in Teams:
- Collaborate, drive internal partner alignment, engagement and develop strong relationships with cross-functional teams and agency partners to ensure effective and productive promotional capabilities.
- Develop and champion an environment of methodology sharing and standardization across brands and customer audiences.
- Partner with the field facing organization and the OL community to shape strategy and pull through.
- Collaborate with Brand teams to build messaging and tools that resonate with target HCPs.
- Project Management
- Understand and align brand needs and objectives with timely strategic media solutions.
- Oversee the development of end to end media plans, work with brands to refine their briefs and media agencies to ensure flawless pull through.
- Push brand partners to elevate work and thinking beyond "the typical," be the bridge between strong, conceptual thinking, and evidence based, analytical approaches to problem-solving.
- Lead relevant agency partners to hold them accountable to the highest standards of performance.
- Lead key HCP-related assets through legal/regulatory approvals.
- Build and own key aspects of MOI content strategy and tactical plan (e.g., content development, web site, online advertising, CRM/email, search, social, Video, mobile, and other as relevant to strategy).
- Travel as needed for agency collaboration (~10%)
- Doctorate degree and 2 years in a strategic marketing, planning, media/communication strategy role in a customer facing industry
- Master's degree and 4 years in a strategic marketing, planning, media/communication strategy role in a customer facing industry
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years in a strategic marketing, planning, media/communication strategy role in a customer facing industry
- Associate's degree and 10 years in a strategic marketing, planning, media/communication strategy role in a customer facing industry
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years in a strategic marketing, planning, media/communication strategy role in a customer facing industry
- Graduate degree
- Healthcare/Pharmaceutical commercial experience
- Pharmaceutical HCP marketing experience
- Agency experience
- Strong organizational change capabilities, ability to enlist the help of others without direct reporting lines
- Experience with Veeva a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to craft a story and represent it to executives, team members, and outside agencies
- Omni-channel management experience with strong knowledge of social and digital media landscape, TV, email/CRM, mobile and more to engage and activate consumers
- Ability to translate and communicate complex information/strategies into simple and impactful plans
- Strong managerial aptitude with the ability to internally navigate matrixed organizations
- Strong project management skills / PMP Certification / skilled in handling multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously
- Experience leading outside vendors / advertising agencies
- Understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharma industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; includes strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively
- Systematically develop and monitor metrics for media mix, customer engagement and advertising effectiveness, while linking to the broader success metrics of the brand
- Proactive management of marketing budget
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. Since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential!
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.