Senior Director, Forecasting
Senior Director, Forecasting
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
The Senior Director of Forecasting will oversee all forecasting initiatives across Ipsen's North American franchises. Reporting directly to the Vice President Finance, North America, the Forecasting Lead will be responsible for developing robust forecasting capabilities across the Ipsen portfolio to ensure internal and external alignment on business expectations for Ipsen North America in partnership with Ipsen's global forecasting function.
The Forecasting Lead will also support Ipsen North America business development by being an active partner in the creation of asset valuation and projection models. Technical models will leverage net present value and discounted cash flow frameworks to support potential acquisitions and licensing opportunities. The ability to oversee and engage in the development of sophisticated financial models will be an important aspect of the Forecasting Lead role.
Additionally, the Forecasting Lead will seek out and identify opportunities for standardization, simplification, and continuous process improvements while overseeing the measurement and tracking of key business drivers. Working alongside senior executives, the individual in this role will liaise with key stakeholders in Marketing, Value & Access, Insights, and Finance to ensure cross-functional alignment on forecasting assumptions and inputs.
• Work alongside Ipsen's North American leadership team and the cross functional brand teams to develop accurate forecasts that will inform Ipsen's national strategy as well as Ipsen's global investor relations communication cadence
• Develop sophisticated short-term and long-term demand unit forecasts for in-line and pipeline products while working closely with the finance team to take into consideration supply chain inventory changes and non-demand related adjustments to unit forecasts
• Contribute to the creation of a global Center of Excellence (COE) for financial planning at Ipsen by providing thought leadership with respect to forecasting
• Ensure communication and alignment with cross-functional brand teams, Finance colleagues and Business Operations stakeholders as well as other cross-functional executives and colleagues
• Support efforts to proactively identify new data sources that will enhance decision making and increase forecast accuracy; incorporate the latest “actuals” from product- or patient-level data as it becomes available
• Work closely with franchise teams and other cross-functional stakeholders to incorporate latest thinking on forecast assumptions, such as launch timing, patent expiry, and competitive entry
• Conduct/lead the analysis of secondary market data and ensure actionable interpretation of analysis into forecast projections and presentation of insights on a timely basis for strategic and tactical decisions, potentially on an ad-hoc basis
• Deliver effective presentations of key findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of quantitative information
• Collaborate with and influence internal stakeholders to prioritize new insights and analytics requests, provide feedback on vendor performance, and review data quality assurance policies and procedures
• Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Ipsen U.S. staff
• Master's degree in Business Administration or quantitative field preferred
• BS/BA in quantitative field required
• 10+ years of work experience required, including 8+ years of forecasting and / or FP&A experience with increasing levels of responsibility and team leadership
• 10+ years of work experience in pharmaceutical industry required, including high exposure to US pharmaceutical market dynamics and supply chain (i.e., manufacturers, wholesalers, and payers)
• Strong people management and team development skills
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.","datePosted":"2021-01-12T00:00:00.000Z