Director, Program Management
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer and other diseases. Adicet is advancing a pipeline of "off-the-shelf" gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors and T cell receptor-like antibodies to enhance selective tumor targeting, facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response, and improve persistence for durable activity in patients. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.adicetbio.com.
Director, Program Management
You will be responsible for providing Program/Project Management expertise and support to Adicet Bio programs to ensure all Program/Project milestones and deliverables are met, and that tasks are well executed and managed. Your responsibilities include partnering with the Program Leader to create the program plan and budget, as well as day-to-day planning, coordinating and tracking of critical activities. You will also be responsible for driving the program timelines to keep the program on schedule and within budget. Additional responsibilities, as highlighted in more detail below, also include planning, facilitating, and following-up on regular program team meetings; anticipating and managing potential program issues; understanding the scope, schedule and resources for the program; utilization of Gantt charts and other project management tools to facilitate communication within the team, across the organization, and with external collaborators.
- Partners with the Program Leader to optimize team effectiveness and decision making. Works with the Program Leader and team to develop a detailed project plan and associated budget.
- Creates and drives timelines to keep program(s) on schedule. Prepares program timelines (Gantt chart) identifying all significant activities, dependencies, resources and milestones. Assists the Program Leader in planning, coordinating and tracking cross-functional and external activities for the Adicet Bio program. Continual review and analysis of critical path activities.
- Facilitates highly effective team building and communication. Works with the Program Leader and team to develop and distribute agendas for regular team meetings. Helps facilitate meetings and keeps them on track. Provides meeting minutes and drives follow up on Action Items. Proactively, and independently, identifies and resolves program team challenges.
- Performs effective risk management assessments with the Program Team, the Program Leader, and stakeholders.
- Drives information flow and communicates program status to all stakeholders in collaboration with the Program Leader. Produces regular status reports (milestones, status, issues, decisions), following review by the Program Leader and Program Team, for senior management.
- Reviews and proposes revised program work plans to accommodate changes in technical, marketing, or business objectives.
- Consolidates and reports on program budget. Works with the team and functional areas to prepare the annual (and longer range) program budget. Tracks aggregate budget monthly, and proactively reports variances against plan to appropriate parties to enable addressing the variance. Provides budget forecasts as requested.
- In cooperation with functional managers, ensures that resources assigned to the program are adequate to meet program objectives and identifies resource constraints.
- Maintains effective communication with the program team through oral and written correspondence and ensures adequate documentation of each communication.
- Creates and maintains easily accessible, high level program documents in electronic format.
- Identifies, develops and/or maintains an appropriate electronic platform (SharePoint, Shared Folders, etc.) for reporting/archiving/documentation of relevant program information, records, etc.
- Prepares information with appropriate input from program team members for internal as well as external partner review/governance meetings.
- Interfaces internally by acting as a liaison and facilitator of cross functional teams (i.e. Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Technical Operations, Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Finance, etc) in planning and executing trials.
- Interfaces externally with collaborators, vendors, contractors, and consultants to ensure communication and deliverables in accordance with planned program objectives.
- Serves as a resource for other Program Managers as appropriate. May manage other junior Program Management staff.
- Assists team members in preparing for advisory board activities and other external meetings as appropriate.
- Develops and shares knowledge of current therapeutic environment and drug development trends as needed.
- Contributes to the development of the Program Development Department through introduction of new tools and processes for continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of a BA/BS is required, while an advanced degree (PharmD, PhD) is highly desirable.
- 8+ years of work experience, 6-8 years of Program/Project Management experience, preferably within a matrixed pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device organization.
- Project planning experience required, especially an understanding of the clinical development and product commercialization processes. PM Certification is a plus.
- Oncology experience is highly desirable.
- Cell therapy experience is highly desirable.
- Proactive mindset with strong formal and informal leadership, facilitation, teamwork and influence management/negotiation skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as exceptional organizational capability.
- Prior experience in leading and managing interdisciplinary or cross functional pharmaceutical or biotech teams is required.
- Ability to drive program plans and timelines (across multiple functional areas) is essential. Proven success in goal setting, prioritization and time management is required.
- Understanding of FDA and/or EMA quality and regulatory processes. Prior experience with regulatory filings is highly desired.
- Experience working with external partners is highly desirable.
- Experience actively participating in a steering committee or joint development committee for pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical device product development is highly desired.
- Ability to work independently in decision-making and resolution of program obstacles and conflicts.
- Familiarity with developing budgets and forecasting is desirable.
- Keen insight, independent judgment and tactful discretion are required.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to function autonomously, with an appreciation of detail while being cognizant of "the big picture".
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project is required.
- Developing, managing and leading effective teams
- Ability to relate to others and work with a wide range of people (internal and external) to achieve results
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Negotiating and influencing
- Business acumen
- Priority setting
- Problem solving
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Technical skills and knowledge
- Time management and organizational agility
- Self-motivated, flexible and resilient
- Commitment to professional development of oneself, team members and department
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.