Manager, Data Management - Data Lake
You will be a strong manager who invests in the success of our customers with a deep understanding of products, analytics, technology and operations. you will serve as the primary systems & business partner by translating business needs into delivery of technology capabilities. You will ensure that technology capabilities are effectively identified, implemented and utilized in GCP and non-GCP environments.Provides and supports tools and reports for the management of information.
In this role a typical day may include the following:
- Perform the usual authority of a Data Lake Manager by managing individuals and matrixed teams focused on operations, including, data ingestion, data quality, data transformation, standardization, data models, analytical layer/s and visualizations to ensure the Governance Committee strategy and decisions are realized.
- Management of teams responsible for execution of operational activities including but not limited to, program management, communications, training, planning, and tooling solutions for the Scientific Data Aggregation Platform.
- Partner with Data Steward/s on data quality & access management and to be trusted advisors to the source system data owners and partners while managing expectations and their engagement
- Use data quality principles, data management standards, and other skills to ensure compliance
- Collaborate with business partners and systems team to understand customer needs and define the data lake roadmap based upon priorities
- Collaborate with IT on the importance of data custody and lineage, data documentation and secure treatment of critical data elements.
- Understand the needs of our customers including access to historical data elements to drive use cases
- Support oversight for development cycle including plan, build, test and launch.
- Lead the development and execution of long-term strategies, policies and process as endorsed by the Scientific Data Aggregation Steering and Governance Committees
- Regularly communicate with the steering committee to facilitate cross-team collaboration and adoption
- Accountable for addressing internal and external feedback received
- Provide guidance to the ensure operational excellence and process efficiency and achievement of Governance Board guidelines
- Provide leadership in required data & process governance routines
- Build awareness of the Data Strategy at all levels within the partners' organization
- Shepherd the information technology (IT) organization in the implementation of key tools and applications to enable execution efficiencies
- Partner across other related data lake initiatives to ensure efficient operating models, domain sharing, reuse, and clear/consistent engagement
- Develop short term and strategic capabilities to drive common definitions/business language across applications and organizations with a focus on demonstrating clear business value
- Develop and maintain operational & performance metrics.
This role might be for you if:
We seek individuals with a BS/BA Degree with 8+ years (MS degree with 5+ years) of relevant experience in the following fields: data usage, process analysis, process improvement, technology development/support with solid understanding of data governance, standards and practices in handling large datasets from numerous sources).
- Knowledge and experience with Big data technologies and AWS Cloud environments.
- Hadoop-Based Analytics (HBase, Hive, MapReduce, etc.) Coding.
- Experience & familiarity with ingestion tools/patterns, storage and security of data.
- Data Warehousing and ETL Tools.
- Tools and Components of Data Architecture.
- Strong knowledge of industry data standards e.g. CDISC.
- Strong knowledge of tools for collecting and managing scientific and clinical data such as EDC and Real World Evidence data...etc
- Strong knowledge of data aggregation tools and capabilities to form recommended strategies for Steering Committee consideration.
- Demonstrated experience integrating data from multiple sources.
- Good problem solving, technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Strong knowledge of SDLC and Agile methodologies and CFR Part 11 compliance
- Strong track record of project management, partner management, budget management and collaboration skills
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.