SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, VIRAL VECTOR
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Senior Research Associate, Viral Vector
CERo Therapeutics, Inc. is a privately held biopharmaceutical company pioneering cell-based therapies that incorporate multiple forms of tumor clearance into single cells. We are seeking a Senior Research Associate in the vector core laboratory to plan and support our novel T cell therapies. Successful candidates will be able to generate multiple viral vector preparations, design and execute experiments, and work collaboratively to construct solutions with other members of the team. Applicants should have current knowledge of molecular, viral and cell biology, protein production, and purification techniques. The position is full time and based in South San Francisco, CA.
- Participate in the planning and execution of weekly lentiviral and retroviral production to support genetic modification of immune cells
- Design processes and execute experiments to improve overall system performance.
- Analyze and present data at cross-team functional meetings.
- Communicate design ideas and translate relevant information into process improvements.
- Work with the viral vector team to develop a process for larger scale virus production for pre-clinical development
- Perform routine cell culture maintenance, cell counting, as well as media and buffer formulation.
- Routinely enter data into electronic lab notebook system and worksheets.
qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related scientific or technical field.
- 3+ years of experience in a laboratory setting working with viral vectors
- Hands-on proficiency with retroviral vector production, suspension fermentation, and/or protein purification preferred
- Some experience with downstream processing is a plus
- Viral vector manufacturing experience in a GMP setting is a plus
- Team player, proactive and willing to work in a small team environment.
- Proficient with MS office and other commonly used software and technology platforms.
- Self-motivated and eager to take on temporary responsibilities outside of the initial job description to support the team
About CERo Therapeutics
CERo Therapeutics, Inc. is developing cell-based therapies that incorporate multiple forms of tumor clearance into single cells. The company’s CER-T platform lies at the intersection of innate and adaptive cell clearance, combining the body’s natural signaling mechanisms, which are capable of recognizing and disposing of unwanted cells, with traditional T cell killing. The integrated approach draws on recent advances in molecular immunology and insights related to the downstream signaling of specialized receptors that cooperate to eliminate dangerous cells and pathogens.