Research Associate for preclinical in vitro and in vivo study
OMVax, Inc. is dedicated to discover the next generation of medicines for the treatment of various infectious diseases. It is located in Oakland, California. The OMVax management team includes individuals with deep and highly relevant experience in vaccines and business, including the founding of successful companies and the discovery and development of licensed vaccines.
We are currently looking for a RA/SRA to join our pre-clinical group. He/she will be responsible for:
- executing pre-clinical scientific research to assess vaccine’s functional activity against infectious diseases.
- investigating the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, products and problems.
- planning and executing laboratory research.
- Perform routine molecular cloning and microbiology work such as plasmid minipreps, PCR, DNA gel extraction, DNA assembly, transformation, and colony screening.
- Perform in vitro and in vivo functional assay to establish vaccine’s breath of protection and antigen specific-antibody response.
- Keep accurate records of experimental data to standards suitable to support publications, FDA submissions, and patents filing. Ensures records of direct reports also meet these standards.
- Analyze experimental data and report to senior management and research collaborators in a timely fashion.
- Serve as a technical resource to the department and conducts moderately complex troubleshooting. Proposes creative problem-solving approaches.
- Take an active role in the organizational aspects of the department such as ordering and equipment repair.
- Plan and assigns duties to meet departmental and organizational objectives.
Experience and requirements.
- B.S. or M.S in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Immunology, Pharmaceutical Sciences or a related field.
- 1-3 years of relevant in vitro and in vivo preclinical study experience is preferred.
- Experience with animal (rodent) handling including but not limited to drug administration, anesthesia, organ harvest, and behavioral testing.
- Experience with various in vitro assays and techniques including but not limited to PCR-based assays, gel electrophoresis, flowcytometry, ELISA, primary and cell line culture.
- Possesses strong attention to detail, ability to maintain accurate records and excellent proofreading skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.