Associate Director, Government Rebates
Associate Director, Government Rebates
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Everyday, we transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based bio pharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
Making an impact on a global scale
For over 30 years, Gilead has been a leading innovator in treating and preventing HIV, but this expertise is just a foundation for our ambitions. As we continue to expand our scope into new disease states and new markets, we are investing in our global commercial capabilities. In this role, you will act as an active member of the Government Pricing and Contracting Leadership team overseeing a team of analysts specializing in government rebates.
In the Associate Director, Government Rebates role, the primary responsibilities include:
- Performs highly technical calculations related to a specific area of concentration that require extensive knowledge of legislation, Gilead policies and procedures, and third party software.
- Oversees and approves the accurate and timely calculations and serves as the backup managerial resource for the production of the entire government pricing life-cycle for all Federal and/or Medicaid Markets.
- Oversees and approves the establishment of monitoring protocols throughout the quarter for all customers.
- Reports calculated pricings to the appropriate government agencies or internal customers.
Oversees a team of contract analysts to ensure all pricing, discounts, and rebates are accurate and extended to eligible entities.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to pricing and contracts.
Contracts, Chargebacks and Rebates
- Proactively identifies potential issues and reacts to and solves problems that arise in the respective areas.
- Works as a business partner with other Gilead functions to ensure new products integrate seamlessly into rebate/chargeback/contracting systems.
- Provides substantive pricing analytics that accurately incorporates compliance implications and projected financial impact of pricing decisions.
- Reviews and approves control mechanisms to identify any anomalies in calculated prices and approves corrective procedures to resolve such anomalies.
- Utilizes strong knowledge of Model N to assist in the development and implementation of pricing calculations in government pricing system.
General knowledge requirements include and are not limited to:
- Exercises sound business judgment and strong analytics when reviewing and forming an opinion regarding new contract opportunities.
- Data management skills and the ability to navigate information to provide relevant and reliable data are required
- Strong working knowledge of government pricing regulations, advisories, methodologies and standard operating procedures, and policies.
- Able to effectively manage others in accomplishing necessary tasks, both direct reports and others in related areas of Gilead.
- Proven track-record of managing ongoing business activity with partners to achieve a positive outcome for Gilead while building mutually beneficial relationships.
- Able to influence and provide recommendations to senior management
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on issue resolution abilities are required.
- Critical thinking and analysis skills are required.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a deadline intensive environment.
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.