Senior Synthetic/Medicinal Chemist
We have a number of positions available in our growing Research organization!
Turning Point Therapeutics is a public, clinical-stage precision oncology company with three molecules in clinical development and one in IND-enabling studies. Our internally discovered investigational drugs are designed to address key limitations of existing cancer therapies. We are applying a highly refined design methodology anchored by deep SBDD expertise coupled with a disciplined chemistry approach and enabling biology expertise to build upon our early portfolio. Our Research organization has the exciting task of discovering new investigational molecules and identifying new clinical opportunities for our existing pipeline molecules. We seek talented, committed cancer researchers to join our growing team and develop transformational therapies for cancer patients.
Turning Point Therapeutics is seeking a highly qualified Senior Synthetic/Medicinal Chemist to apply synthetic approaches to advance our small-molecule drug discovery programs. As a key member of the research team, the candidate will have the opportunity to make direct contributions to the Turning Point drug discovery efforts using medicinal chemistry methods. The candidate will synthesize molecules to support all aspects of small molecule drug discovery ranging from lead identification to pre-clinical evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The colleague will direct and drive medicinal chemistry functions for one or more drug discovery projects, working in concert with partners in biology, pharmacology, computational chemistry, ADME, and other key functions. Their contribution to these teams will be to design and synthesize quality chemical leads for new drug targets and improve potency, selectivity, and ADME properties of lead compounds. They will analyze screening data, perform literature reviews, design, propose, and execute medicinal chemistry plans, coordinate chemistry and biology data to support compound progression and patent strategies. This independent scientist/senior scientist will be comfortable working in a team environment and is expected to have strong written and oral communication skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ph.D. in medicinal chemistry, synthetic organic chemistry or related field is required.
- Must have 2 to 5 years of post-graduate experience relevant to organic synthesis or medicinal chemistry.
- Good familiarity with modern organometallic transformations and methods
- Experience in independently designing synthetic routes and conducting multi-step syntheses in small and large scales towards targeted compounds.
- Ability to independently solve complex problems relating to organic synthesis.
- Track record of scientific contributions including peer-reviewed publications, patent applications, and/or presentations at national meetings is required.
- Hands-on experience executing a variety of organic chemistry reactions including synthesis of chiral compounds.
- Highly productive in the lab along with hands-on experience using modern lab techniques.
- Motivated team player and ability to work in a multi-functional team environment.
- Strong knowledge of medicinal chemistry and drug discovery approaches is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Turning Point Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Turning Point Therapeutics also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Turning Point Therapeutics is an E-Verify employer.