R&D Scientist- Product Development (Immunology)
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual to join our team in the Cell Analysis Division of Agilent's Life Sciences & Applied Market Group (LSAG) to develop IVD antibody reagents. You will be the lead scientist responsible for the design and development of antibody IVD reagents with flow cytometry applications.
- Work with various teams to identify and prioritize customer and product requirements
- Design and develop antibody IVD reagents using flow cytometry
- Establish protocols, SOPs and product specifications for various flow reagents and kits
- Advance applications and associated assay protocols for reagent products
- Develop QC methods and standards
- Write process and technical documents and transfer to R&D junior scientists, manufacturing and QC
- Coach junior scientists at remote locations and solve a broad range of scientific problems of varying scope and complexity
- Communicate scientific results and progress updates in both written format and orally with various internal teams and external collaborators
- Write or edit technical documents in English for regulatory certification and compliance
- Ph.D. in immunology, oncology, or related discipline. (Ph.D. only)
- 5+ years of relevant immunology experience, combination of education
- 2+ years of developing reagents in industry
- Strong background in immunoassay development and flow cytometry applications
- Proficient in designing, optimizing and analyzing
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment within a global organization
- Demonstrated technical writing and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to drive projects forward effectively
- multi-color antibody panels for basic or clinical research
- Knowledge and experiences in infectious disease research, expertise in beads-based immunoassay is a plus
- IVD reagent development experience is desirable
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.