Access Navigator - South East Region (Florida)
ACCESS NAVIGATOR - SOUTH EAST REGION (FLORIDA)
The Access Navigator will work to support patients through their treatment journey on Oxbryta® (voxelotor) tablets.
The Access Navigator will report the Regional Access Navigator Lead for either the East or West. This role will be responsible for interfacing with HCP offices who have prescribed Oxbryta to facilitate patient's seamless access to Oxbryta. The Access Navigator will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to help address patient and access challenges surrounding Oxbryta.
The Access Navigator will help coordinate access to therapy and support appropriate adherence via contact with the HCP offices and the specialty pharmacies.
The position is based in the South East region which consists of the state of Florida with the candidate residing in the following preferred locations: Orlando or Tampa.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with HCP offices in order to assist with patients gaining access to therapy and to provide ongoing Oxbryta patient support
- Develop an understanding of payer policies and plan designs to educate HCP offices on payer requirements such as prior authorization and appeal needs
- Internally, leverage data and insights to help support GBT patient adherence programs
- Escalate challenging access issues to hub provider, payer team, and trade and distribution as needed
- Educate HCP offices on GBT Source Solution process, programs and resources for Oxbryta patients
- Understands the sickle cell community-based organization resources available in their specific region
- Interact with consented patients in the HCP office setting to further educate around GBT Source resources and program offerings
- Educate consented patients through virtual methods to further educate around GBT Source resources and program offerings
- Maintain records, complete reports and communicate case status and direction in compliance with GBT policies and applicable laws and regulations
- Works with hub Care Coordinator, Field Sales, and Market Access & Reimbursement while maintaining appropriate levels of PHI as needed
- Travel to team meetings, patients, and medical offices as needed
- Educate local sickle cell community-based organizations on Oxbryta assistance offerings
- Maintains reimbursement and insurance coverage expertise through continuing education and attendance at relevant conferences and other educational opportunities
- Ensures compliance with all corporate and industry policies in collaboration with GBT Legal, Regulatory and Compliance
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Care/Social Work/Nursing (or equivalent)
- 3+ years recent patient support experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Ultra-rare disease experience a plus
- Experience in case management review, utilization review, social service support, insurance reimbursement, and patient advocacy a plus
- Knowledge of private payer, Medicare, and Medicaid structure, systems, and reimbursement process
- Experience and proficiency in working with a Customer Relationship Management System, such as Salesforce.com
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, exceptional listening, critical thinking, problem solving skills
- Ability to navigate difficult conversations and handle sensitive issues with opposing opinions
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and effective in influencing without authority
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment
- Self-starter who is highly passionate about sickle cell disease and GBT's core values: Commitment to People, Innovation, Discovery, Sense of Urgency, Open Culture, and Passion for Excellence
- Ability to travel up to 25%, including weekends
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.