Associate Analyst, Medical Info Workflow
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Workflow Coordinator Job Description
Summary: Under close supervision, receives and processes approved medical inquiries including speaking with the caller, coordinating follow-up action, documenting requests and responses, and developing, maintaining and updating the database files.
Essential Job Functions:
• Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws. • Receives, triages, and processes product identification calls, including speaking with the caller and documenting the request from the call into the Medical Information Database (IRMS).
• Responsible for identification and coordination of transfer of any query that is beyond the scope of approved responses and requires an Allergan Medical Information Department staff member to offer a peer medical information reply.
• Responsible for Unsolicited Requests (Sales Representative/MSL) case data entry clean up and auditing.
• Assists with the processing of outgoing responses via database and hard copy mailings, as needed. • Assists and collaborates with the Operations department on the Medical Information SharePoint portal.
• Responsible for Medical Information shared mailbox triage and handling.
• Identifies Adverse Events and Quality Complaints to triage appropriately and runs Reconciliation Reports per Compliance.
• Coordinates Global Scientific Information requests to the appropriate medical personnel.
• Performs related duties, as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements.
• HIPAA Privacy Laws
• Customer service procedures and techniques.
• Computer systems, database and software applications.
• English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Current company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
• Standard office procedures, practices and protocols.
• MS Office (Access database knowledge, Excel, Outlook, etc.) preferred.
• SharePoint knowledge preferred.
• Eloyalty experience preferred.
• Managing multiple duties, tasks and assignments within time constraints and/or deadlines.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with individuals contacted in the course of work.
• Operating computer systems and database and software applications.
• Maintaining and updating manual and electronic files and filing systems.
• Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, bend and operate a personal computer for extended periods, communicate via telephone, computer and/or face-to-face contact and use basic office equipment such as copier/printer and fax machines regularly in the course of work. Work is performed in an office environment. Noise levels in this environment are within the normal range.
Bachelor's degree in Healthcare or Business related field from an accredited college or university, and a minimum of one (1) year directly related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Global Research and Development
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.