Director, Drug Discovery
Come join our world‐class team evaluating in‐licensing and developing innovative therapeutic products internationally.
HUYA Bioscience International is a biopharmaceutical company focused on globalizing products from China and Asia for the world markets in multiple therapeutic areas. The Company’s lead compound in oncology, HBI‐8000, which is already approved for lymphoma in China, is in late stage clinical development in Japan and Korea. In the United States, the compound is being developed in immune‐oncology (IO) in multiple tumor types and disease settings. HUYABIO has a pipeline of oncology and IO compounds as well as two other programs in cardiovascular diseases. More information can be found at www.huyabio.com
The candidate for this position lead research activities in oncology drug discovery program in the Preclinical Department. The ideal candidate must have an in-depth understanding of cancer biology and signaling pathways, pharmacology, drug discovery and translational biology to support preclinical drug development. The successful candidate will be an integral part of a fast-paced research team and will be expected to define project strategy and manage internal and external resources.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully lead multiple drug discovery and translational research programs driving projects through key inflection points.
- Independently design and implement biology and biochemistry aspects into drug discovery testing cascade.
- Translate company goals into project strategy and steer projects in collaboration with drug discovery or chemistry CROs.
- Develop pre-clinical data packages that generate clinically testable hypotheses for early clinical development programs including but not limited to identify biomarkers of response, mechanisms of intrinsic, adaptive and acquired resistance to targeted therapies and immunotherapies.
- Provide expert opinions and develop effective group leadership within HUYABIO organization.
- Effectively communicate with CROs to design and manage studies proposals and executions.
- Ability to write scientific manuscripts and to review regulatory documents and related activities.
- Work collaboratively across multiple discovery project teams and interface with various company functions (e.g. clinical operations, clinical science, finance, business development, etc.)
- MSc with more than 12 years or PhD with more than 8 years of experiences in biochemistry, drug discovery and biology in biopharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent communication (presentation, written and verbal) skills in both English and Chinese (Mandarin)
- Deep understanding of cell and molecular biology methods such as flow cytometry, gene expression profiling, qPCR, ELISA, western blotting and also histology methods such as IHC and ISH.
- Experience managing CROs.
- Must have experience in leading programs in early drug discovery to IND stages
- In depth knowledge of cancer signaling pathways and immuno-oncology is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize deliverables to meet important timelines.
- Experience with oncology targets, drug discovery (such as small molecule inhibitors and antibodies) in pharmaceutical development
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Must be aligned with HUYABIO internal policies, guidelines and SOPs
- Must be legally authorized to work in United States.
This is a full‐time position and the successful candidate must be able to commute within distance to HUYABIO headquarter in Del Mar, CA. Interested candidates should submit their resumes to: email@example.com.
To learn more about HUYA Bioscience, please visit www.huyabio.com. HUYA Bioscience is an equal opportunity employer.