Associate Director/Director, Program Management
Magenta Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing therapeutics to reset the immune system to cure more patients with devastating and life-threatening diseases. This immune reset approach can be applied through stem cell transplant to multiple diseases, including autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis and systemic sclerosis; blood cancers, such as acute myeloid leukemia; and genetic diseases, such as sickle cell disease.
Magenta's comprehensive approach to precision immune system reset will transform many aspects of the transplant process, aiming to make it safer and more effective. Our culture is fueled by a driven, passionate group of people committed to making a difference, seizing opportunities for maximum impact, and pursuing progress for the patients we seek to serve.
If you are searching for a role that manages cross functional development teams through a successful IND and into First in Human Studies, please read further. We work in a collaborative and fast-paced small company environment offering a unique opportunity with our novel, first in class Antibody Drug Conjugate conditioning program, MGTA-117. We are seeking a talented and motivated Program Manager to join our team and drive MGTA-117 into the clinic and early-stage development.
You are perfect for this role if you are engaged by and want to be responsible for:
- Partnering with Magenta Program Leaders, to develop and guide program strategy, set program goals and facilitate team decision making for Magenta's MGTA-117 IND enabling stage Conditioning program planning to enter the clinic in 2021, as well as a late stage Research program
- Leading program management activities for the programs, including all aspects of program operational planning and execution such as timeline and milestones tracking, Program Team meeting management/minutes, decision making support, portfolio management activities and internal reporting
- Efficiently and collaboratively driving execution of program strategy and the integrated development plan with a sense of urgency
- Proactively working with the Program Leaders and Teams to identify risks, gaps, and resource bottlenecks; and develop and implement mitigation plans
- Collaborating with finance, function heads and team representatives to develop and manage the Program budgets, including scenario planning as needed
- Facilitating strong cross functional communication by building strong working relationships across the organization
- Partnering with the Program Leaders to present program updates/progress at internal company meetings
- Helping to shape the Program Management function and establish best practices at Magenta
We would be thrilled if you brought the following with you:
- Demonstrated track record of success in industry with a minimum of 5 years' (Associate Director)/7 years' (Director) overall industry experience and a minimum of 2 years (Associate Director)/4 years (Director) of program management or related experience in the biopharmaceutical industry required; advanced degree and PMP certification a plus
- Experience in rare disease and/or oncology drug development a plus
- Experience in both IND-enabling and clinical stage drug development a plus
- Experience with biologics/ADC experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to manage by influence and problem solve in a highly matrixed organization.
- Prior success with managing cross functional development teams in a hands-on, highly collaborative, fast paced growth environment
- Commitment to a high-performance, patient & people-first culture, where there is alignment around a common vision and individuals are supported in their growth path
- Experience working in cultures where courage, commitment and excellence are the backbone of the leadership profile
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using sound judgment that is consistent with business standards, practices, policies, procedures and regulations
- Deep functional knowledge, coupled with business acumen, personal credibility, and outstanding leadership skills
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
Successful leaders and contributors within Magenta are:
- Driven. You will be focused on the achievement of Magenta's mission and major corporate goals.
- Results-focused. Demonstrated record of exceeding stretch goals, and willing to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way
- Intuitive. You will enjoy learning and being involved in the content of our whole business, thriving on a very fast-paced and growing business
- Collaborative. You will have demonstrated the ability to achieve objectives across complex projects and organizational structures
- Process-oriented, yet flexible. You will appreciate and be able to create and drive process, while also recognizing when flexibility is needed.
- Transparent and Articulate. You will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders
- Independent. You will be able to self-organize and operate effectively without significant day-to-day oversight, while staying tightly connected to key leaders and teams across the company
- A role model for the company's cultural pillars; Courage, Commitment & Excellence
At Magenta, we celebrate our differences. We value the power of a diverse array of folks who bring all of themselves to their work. We embrace cultural, cognitive, social, and professional diversity because we know the only way we're going to make new cures possible is by working together.