Zero Acre Farms recently launched in the San Francisco Bay Area to stop chronic disease, deforestation, and climate change.
If you strive to have a quantum impact on health and sustainability, have a green thumb when it comes to cutting-edge synthetic biology, bioanalytical, or industrial biotechnologies, and would jump at an opportunity to build a collaborative work environment from the ground up, we would love to hear from you.
Please share your CV and interest in an email to email@example.com. Please include in the subject line the position title you feel is a good fit (i.e. “BioAnalytical Chemist").
Zero Acre Farms recognizes that Analytical Sciences is the heartbeat of a successful research and development team, and we seek an experienced Bio-Analytical Scientist to help establish and grow our Bio-Analytical Team. The successful candidate will be an exceptional analytical scientist with practical experience/knowldege applying Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectroscopy, High Performance Liquid Chromatography, UV/Vis/Fluorescence spectroscopy, NMR, and other technologies to the detection, characterization, and quantification of compounds in complex biological matrices. This position along with team members will establish the bioanalytical core, run and maintain its equipment, and develop and execute standard operating protocols that quantitatively evaluate our biological hosts. The analytical team will develop and apply high-throughput methodologies and equipment and will work closely with the Strain Development, Cultivation, and Harvest Teams to establish streamlined high-throughput experimentation workflows. As an integral part of the core R&D team, this position requires exceptional organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills and working collaboratively with all teams and their members. We are open to both early stage and senior candidates, with title being commensurate with experience.
- PhD or equivalent in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related discipline.
- Experience successfully working in an industrial environment
- Hands on experience developing and applying analytical S.O.P.s using equipment such as Gas Chromatography, HPLC, Mass Spectroscopy, NMR, UV/VIS/Flourescence, and FACS.
- Previous experience isolating, characterizing, and quantifying polar and non-polar compounds from biological matrices.
- Deep interest and understanding of the mechanics, maintenance, and troubleshooting of analytical equipment and associated methods.
- Practical experience and knowledge in applying automation to develop and support high-throughput experimentation and workflows.
- Strong understanding and ability to apply statistics to experimental design and data analysis.
- Exceptional ability to design, execute and analyze conclusive experiments and to present data concisely and convincingly.
- Ability and desire to learn new techniques and technologies
- Successful experience and interest to work within and contribute to a diverse multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Nice to have
- Experience with LIMS and data management
- Experience in the development of biochemical and enzymatic assays.
- Experience working with high-throughput NMR
- Chemical characterization of impurities and the closing of mass balances.