Scientist - Mammalian Expression
We are the leading technology provider for antibody-based drug discovery, focusing solely on our partners without pursuing an internal product pipeline. Since 2009, we have partnered with over 75 pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, generating more than 340 therapeutic programs, of which 40 have entered clinical trials. Our technology has been transferred and implemented at Biogen, GSK, Lilly, Merck, Novo Nordisk, and Takeda. Funded discovery partners include leading pharmaceutical companies, such as Boehringer Ingelheim, Celgene, Genentech, Gilead, Kyowa Hakko Kirin, Novartis, Roche, Sanofi, and others. We have also partnered with many early-stage venture-backed companies, including Amagma, Cullinan Oncology, Dragonfly, Pliant, Tizona, iTeos, and others, as well as mid- size public biopharmaceutical companies such as Acceleron, Alector, Five Prime, Innovent, Jounce, Mersana, Scholar Rock, Seattle Genetics, Surface Oncology, and others.
Our integrated antibody discovery and engineering platform provides unprecedented speed from antigen to purified, full-length human IgGs. We offer fundamental advantages by delivering diverse panels of therapeutically relevant antibodies that meet the most demanding standards for affinity, epitope coverage, species cross-reactivity, and developability. We enable our partners to rapidly expand their biologics pipelines through a broad spectrum of technology access arrangements.
We are seeking a skilled and highly motivated scientist to join our Mammalian Expression team. The successful candidate will have prior experience in mammalian cell line development, preferably with a focus on recombinant protein expression systems and/ or gene editing. This role will support Adimab's novel antibody discovery, maturation, and production platform and closely interface with the Antibody Engineering, Protein Analytics, Molecular Core, and Computational Biology teams.
- Generate mammalian recombinant stable cell lines used for antibody characterization and in vivo immunizations
- Handle a complex inventory of cell lines (CHO, HEK-293, cancer cell lines) for multiple downstream applications
- Perform transient transfections for production of a variety of molecules (IgG, bispecifics and antigens)
- Evaluate novel applications and technologies to enhance cell line development and production workflows
- Prepare slide decks and data sets to effectively present experimental planning and results to internal and external teams
Needed upon hire
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, protein engineering or similar with a minimum of 3 years of applicable cell culture experience. Industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Hands-on experience with aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture along with supporting technologies for cell line development including cell counting, transfection, single-cell cloning, and flow cytometry
- Demonstrated expertise in mammalian recombinant stable cell line generation
- Experience with cell line engineering with a focus on mammalian gene expression systems, gene editing and/or ‘omics” technologies
- Experience with automation and/or high throughput technologies as applied to mammalian cell line generation and handling
- Experience in the design of experiments (DoE) and associated software considered a plus
- Ability to work with standard Microsoft Office applications and LIMS systems
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities with strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate results and ideas to internal and external team members
- Detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects to meet timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team possessing a strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and integrity.
- Strong track record of research accomplishments with two or more scientific journal publications
- Adaptable and productive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated independent and rigorous scientific thought, creativity, and enthusiasm
Come join us!
As a profitable privately-held biotech company, we take a long-term view on value creation and make substantial investments in technology development, research, and our people. We proudly promote meritocracy and reward employees who are productive, use their resources wisely, and make meaningful contributions to the team. We offer individually tailored compensation packages comprised of a competitive salary, meaningful equity, a 2:1 401(k) match, and comprehensive health care benefits.
Located in New Hampshire’s beautiful Upper Connecticut River Valley, we are minutes from Dartmouth College, the Geisel School of Medicine, the Thayer School of Engineering, the Tuck School of Business, and the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. We are fortunate to be situated in an area that is renowned for its premier skiing, hiking, and biking.