Associate Scientist / Senior Research Associate
GenEdit Inc – South San Francisco, CA
GenEdit is an early stage company developing the next-generation therapeutics for genetic and other diseases through safe and efficient delivery of gene therapeutic drugs. Our technology platform is based on non-viral, biocompatible polymer nanoparticles for the targeted in vivo delivery of nucleic acids, proteins, or ribonucleic acid-protein complexes (RNP) to specific organs or cell types. GenEdit fosters a dynamic start-up environment where self-driven, enthusiastic employees thrive. We are based in South San Francisco, CA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization.
We seek a goal-oriented individual with extensive industry experience in gene delivery preferably in nanoparticle sciences. This is a full-time role that will involve hands-on PNP encapsulation, purification, and biophysical characterization. As an key member of our R&D Formulation team, this individual will support bioanalytical method and process development efforts that are critical to the advancement of preclinical candidates to the clinic. The successful candidate will be a highly collaborative and resourceful team-player who communicates effectively and approaches technical challenges with enthusiasm and attention to detail.
- MS, BS, or BA in gene delivery/therapy, bioengineering, biochemistry, biotechnology or related
- Minimum of 3 years (MS) or 5 years (bachelor’s degree) experience in gene delivery and PD
- Hands-on experience developing nanomedicines preferably with polymer-based nanoparticles or with liposomal or lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulations; AAV experience a plus
- Strong molecular biology and bioanalytical skills: RNA quantitation, encapsulation (RiboGreen, gel electrophoresis, UV-Vis spectroscopy), particle concentration, size, charge (DLS, SLS, zeta-potential), nanoparticle purification (dialysis, ultrafiltration, TFF, SEC-MALS)
- Hands-on experience with siRNA, ASO, CRISPR mRNA, gRNA, and RNP preferred
- Experience in polymer sciences and post-encapsulation formulation also preferred, including lyophilization and excipient screening (GRAS cryoprotectants, surfactants, stabilizers)
- Familiarity with drug product development, DOE, creating SOPs, and GxP CDMOs a plus
- Work authorization in the US required