Molecular Engineering Scientist/Senior Scientist
GenEdit Inc – South San Francisco, CA
GenEdit is an early stage company developing the next-generation therapeutics for genetic and other diseases through safe and efficient delivery of gene therapeutic drugs. Our technology platform is based on non-viral, biocompatible polymer nanoparticles for the targeted in vivo delivery of nucleic acids, proteins, or ribonucleic acid-protein complexes (RNP) to specific organs or cell types. GenEdit fosters a dynamic start-up environment where self-driven, enthusiastic employees thrive. We are based in South San Francisco, CA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization.
As an integral member of our research group, this position will lead the design, generation, and optimization of DNA-based libraries to enable fast-tracking selection of tissue-specific polymer formulations. In addition, this role will support nanoparticle formulation efforts. An ideal candidate will function independently and collaborate closely with the in vitro and in vitro teams to drive the screening and selection strategy of lead polymer formulations.
Experience and Requirements
· PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or related discipline
· A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant postgraduate experience, preferably in an industry setting
· Expertise in oligonucleotide barcode design, PCR amplification, DNA library generation, next-generation sequencing (NGS), and MiSeq
· Familiarity with NP formulation and characterization techniques including DLS size and PDI, zeta potential, encapsulation efficiency, particle concentration
· Experience with cell culture, flow cytometry, plate-based imaging, in vivo delivery modeling, and tissue/cell DNA isolation method optimization a plus
· Highly motivated self-starter with attention to detail and demonstrated ability to develop and implement new methodologies from POC to standardized workflows (SOP)
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Comfortable with prolonged periods of meticulous work with hands in sitting/standing positions
· Legal authorization to work in the US required