Director of Chemistry
GenEdit Inc – South San Francisco, CA
GenEdit is an early stage company developing the next-generation therapeutics for genetic and other diseases through safe and efficient delivery of gene therapeutic drugs. Our technology platform is based on non-viral, biocompatible polymer nanoparticles for the targeted in vivo delivery of nucleic acids, proteins, or ribonucleic acid-protein complexes (RNP) to specific organs or cell types. GenEdit fosters a dynamic start-up environment where self-driven, enthusiastic employees thrive. We are based in South San Francisco, CA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization.
GenEdit is seeking a highly self-motivated and goal-oriented Director of Chemistry Department. This full-time position will report to CSO and will be responsible for chemistry projects. The position focuses on developing novel polymer nanoparticle for the delivery of gene therapy. We are seeking a highly self-motivated and goal-oriented scientist with extensive experience in conjugation chemistry, polymer synthesis, and characterization.
This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics and participate in the development of a transformative technology. The successful candidate will be a highly collaborative, resourceful, and effective team-player who is enthusiastic in tackling challenging complex scientific and technical problems with novel approaches and solutions. Title and salary level will be commensurate with experience and skill set.
Experience and Requirements
· PhD in Chemistry or Chemical/Biological Engineering (Polymer chemistry, Analytical chemistry, or Conjugation chemistry)
· 5-15 years of industry experience in relevant area
· Knowledge and expertise in nanoparticle generation, purification, and characterization
· Experience with Experience with NMR, GPC, MAL-SEC, HPLC, fluorescence spectroscopy, UV-vis, DSC, ITC, DLS, SEM and other nanoparticle characterization methods.
· Applicable biology background for relevant therapeutic areas of rare genetic disorder is a plus
· Highly motivated individual with attention to detail and the ability to independently plan, design and implement experiments
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Legal authorization to work in the US required